Ulna osteotomy/broken wrist anyone?

Salos

Anyone here have this surgery at any point? I believe if you've had a broken wrist you essentially received this surgery as well. I had it about 3.5 weeks ago, and although I've read a bunch of stories of different peoples recoveries, I haven't read any from guitar players who have had this. It's my picking hand, anyone have personal experience with this?

Wow, hope it heals well. Wrist issues on a picking hand is serious business. I can't help much except to say that doing the therapy correctly will go a long way to proper healing. It will probably hurt and/or be tedious as hell but do it as good as you possibly can. You generally can't go back a redo therapy, you only get that one window.

I have had an ulna osteotomy. I have a birth defect. When I was born my left ulna was shorter than my raduis, so I had to have an osteotomy as well as another surgery a year or two later. Now, it's not my picking hand, but I can do anything that anyone else in the world can, although somethings I have to find an alternate way to achieve the same goal. That may be due to the placement of my ulna because it has a significant bow to it. The osteotomy has helped, and if I were you, I wouldn't be worried about any ill effects. If you have any PT to do afterwords, just take it slow and build your way back up.

I have had 7 surgeries in the last 2 years. Crushed my wrist falling on concrete. It has been brutal, also my picking/dominant hand. Right. I can still play, but fast percussive Metal rhythms are tough, more lead, blues and doom now. I will post some brutal pics. It can be a long recovery, may never be 100%, but you can still play, just be realistic.

Back