*UPDATED*NAD: Wizard MTL (New clip w/ Friedman 412:15 cab)

LunatiBSW

New update: Vid with MTL -> Friedman 412:15 cab. No scoop engaged in this one. So a lot more bite.

Updated: what’s a NAD without a clip:

G1i6l2wl.jpg

Hell yes! Was the first thing that popped into my head, when I first got to play this beast.
I only had a short period to test and rock out on it. But.......
I personally dig this better than the mcII.
I really wanted both side by side though, to really hear the differences.
The extra dials help me get “my sound.” LOVE at first play for sure.
Funny thing is.....I love the MTL so much,
I’m gonna sell both soon.
And order a KT200 MTL. My buddy tells me the KT Wizards thump harder and are tighter and darker.
Sounds like a perfect match for me.
Wizards fucking rule!!!!

Oh yeah. I traded my modded slax for the MTL.
I traded Meeotch. Stellar dude. He’s on my homie list now for sure!
Amazing transaction through and through

Nice!!!!

That Friedman cab looks huuuuge...lol. The Bogner looks like an elf.

One of the only amps i never tried. I need too some day.

Enjoy.

Congrats! Wizards are an experience all gear heads should have.

KT200????!!!!!

Oh holy hell that's gonna crack your foundation!!! Can't wait for that beast to appear.
:rock:

Nice Brandon! The MCII is the last amp standing here; sold many amps this year and 4 just this month only to realize the Wizard crushes them all.

7 Stringer":3w1zln0t said:
Nice!!!!

That Friedman cab looks huuuuge...lol. The Bogner looks like an elf.

One of the only amps i never tried. I need too some day.

Enjoy.

The Friedman cab has really grown on me. I had a back and forth relationship with it, and playin more and more amps through it, makes me love it sooo much.
The fortin and wizards KILL through the big Friedman cab. Sharper, punchy amps sound So 3d and massive though it with the 15’s on the bottom.
Hahah but but yeah it does dwarf 4x12’a. Big cab = big tone.
The wizard MTL is a force to be reckoned with.

Racerxrated":3w1zln0t said:
Congrats! Wizards are an experience all gear heads should have.

KT200????!!!!!

Oh holy hell that's gonna crack your foundation!!! Can't wait for that beast to appear.

Thanks, yeah I hope to get the ball rolling this month on that.
It should literally shake some walls lmao....
Matt (mhenson42) on here knows first hand....

Congrats man. I used to own that amp. I bought it from the original owner who lives in Orange County and ordered it new, directly from Rick. It was never gigged or used outside the house by either of us. It was totally mint and sounded amazing. I actually tried buying it back at one point but the owner at the time wouldn't sell it back. I ended up finding another loaded 2016 MTL and have that one now. It's very close in serial number to yours. They are some of the best amps I've owned.

I changed mine over to the "Vader" look. Replaced all the white piping with black. I like the look a lot better and easy to do.

Brandon, you son of a bitch! :LOL: :LOL:

getpubthumb

I can't believe you sold your Slax... I can't believe you got my "other" dream amp :LOL: :LOL: Congrats dude! Chug that shit up brother :rock:

MetalHeadMike":3tiw13os said:
Nice Brandon! The MCII is the last amp standing here; sold many amps this year and 4 just this month only to realize the Wizard crushes them all.

Thanks Mike! I believe it. I’ve owned 3 diff wizards now. The are unique and crushing for sure.

RedPlated":3tiw13os said:
Congrats man. I used to own that amp. I bought it from the original owner who lives in Orange County and ordered it new, directly from Rick. It was never gigged or used outside the house by either of us. It was totally mint and sounded amazing. I actually tried buying it back at one point but the owner at the time wouldn't sell it back. I ended up finding another loaded 2016 MTL and have that one now. It's very close in serial number to yours. They are some of the best amps I've owned.

I changed mine over to the "Vader" look. Replaced all the white piping with black. I like the look a lot better and easy to do.

Thanks for the history on the amp bud.
It does sound very good. I could tell off the bat, it was what I was trying to get out of my mcII.
The saturation depth and shift options bring it to another level for metal tones.
I love the blacked out Vader look. That’s actually top of the cosmetic list right now, when I order the KT200 MTL.

311splawndude":xq3mttmo said:
Congrats :cheers:

Halfstack smiley for ya...

:yes: :yes: :yes:
:) :) :)
:) :) :)

Thanks bro :cheers:

hstlaurent":xq3mttmo said:
Awesome!!! How does the Cali compares to the MTL?

I haven’t played them back to back yet, but off first impression.
Cali has this special attack and high end/mids that freakin rip. There’s some Freq I haven’t been able to coax out of any other amp.
The wizards are just so huge and 3d. The mtl is the tightest wizard I’ve played. You can scoop it more for that more classic metal sound. The Wizard is also 100w vs the fortin 50w.
The fortin gets the goods at lower volumes than the wiz does. But the mv on both are excellent.
I’ll report back once I get more time to a/b them

Intronaut":xq3mttmo said:
Congrats. Man I’m so envious of your setup. Didn’t think you would ever sell the slax

Thanks dude!
Neither did I. Got caught up on the moment. Glad I did though.
I’ll prob have another Friedman soon. I had the slax for over 2 years. It gave me a great run.

errrrrl":oh0d0ebi said:
Brandon, you son of a bitch! :LOL: :LOL:

getpubthumb

I can't believe you sold your Slax... I can't believe you got my "other" dream amp :LOL: :LOL: Congrats dude! Chug that shit up brother :rock:

That’s awesome, lmao.
I can’t believe it either, I miss is already.
But this 100w MTL is a little more my speed.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll have another Friedman. Talking to Dave about that little 2 channel flame thrower he made you know who.
This wizard MTL is killer. You wanna talk about shaking your house lol.

mhenson42":oh0d0ebi said:

Looks awesome!

Careful...KT200s through that Friedman cab might shake your house of its foundation :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks wizard sensei.
I’m hoping for that hahahahaha

Dude! That’s awesome. I want to try a MTL so bad. Everything I hear about them makes me think I would like it better than the MC.

KT-200 uses 4 KT120s at 200 watts

KT-150 uses 4 KT88s at 150 watts

Though you can put either type of tubes in it, if you order with the KT tube transformers

LPMojoGL":3ziyitqo said:
Dude! That’s awesome. I want to try a MTL so bad. Everything I hear about them makes me think I would like it better than the MC.

Me personally, I prefer the mtl.
I’m really loving this e34L mtl. It is so huge and sharp at the same time.
Stellar amplifier. Shouldn’t have waited this long to get one.

Wizard of Ozz":3ziyitqo said:
Congrats! Killer amp. I knew you'd like it. :thumbsup:

A 200W KT-88 loaded MTL... weapon of mass destruction.

Thanks bud, I know you love the mtl also.
Really thinking hard on this or the kt version. This one sounds so good already.
But bigger , tighter lowend always intrigues me lol

Wow! That is some serious collection right there! Congrats!!! My god....how do the walls stay up!

Back