Using your Kemper, power amp or into loop return of amp?

All these Kemper clips are convincing me of the value of them.

Is anyone running one into the return of your half tack loop? On the site it says to run it thru a power amp? Seems easy enough. Sometimes things seem easier than they are though.

Yamaha DXR12's powered monitors with a 3 input mixer on board? 600$ isn't bad for a compact solution.

The number of profiles for this thing seem insane!

I was a little unsure of the whole kemper thing when i was looking into them...i took the plunge and got one..it's a phenomenal piece of kit..

I tried it through the return on a friends engl thunder head the other evening and it was fantastic..just turn off the cab on the kemper..that easy..

There are some amazing profiles..my favourite so far being a cranked marshall 1987x fronted with a ts808....unbelievable!!

Darren

You can run it several different ways... here's what I've done:

1) at rehearsal I've run it through a half stack fx loop. Works great, just remember to turn the cab emulation off.

2) at gigs I've had it through a half stack fx loop onstage, and then had the direct outs with cab emulation going to FOH. This was a lot like running a amp miked just a more consistent send to FOH. The output for the half stack has it's own volume so you can monitor onstage without screwing with the FOH sends.

3) A solid state or tube poweramp into a guitar cab. I actually preferred a Rocktron Velocity for this over tube amps. Also tried a Matrix, sounded excellent.

4) I've even had rehearsals where we just used our 'big rig' monitor system and ran that, worked fine. Also done FRFR, worked great too.

For me, the kemper doesn't replace tube amps - nothing ever will. But it sure is useful as heck and for those of us who gig and want consistently great sound every night, it's awesome. Also for recording it's nice to be able to pull up the exact same tone I had before with a cranked amp and get it through my headphones or low level monitors.

Back