V30 cone numbers?

PSGuitar

Guys,

Is there any easy way to determine which V30 in my Splawn is an English V30 and which is a Mesa English V30?
I installed them a few years ago and didn't pay attention to the cones.
I recently got another pre-owned Mesa V30 I was gonna drop in to pair with the other Mesa V30.
Would it even matter? The cab is two Redbacks and two V30s, one of which is a Mesa. I was gonna replace the standard spec V30.

Well the Mesa V30 that is in the cab should be the same as the other Mesa you have out of the cab.
Should be T4335 with 444 cone.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping. Wasn't sure if there were other standard V30s with the same cone, but I'll check.
That's what I was gonna do, open up the can and compare. Thanks.

All V30 and variants come with the 444 cone, save for some rare exceptions, like those Hughes and Kettner black baskets.

All V30 and variants come with the 444 cone, save for some rare exceptions, like those Hughes and Kettner black baskets.
I had a quad of black basket V30 with the 444 cone back in the day that I believe came from an old Ampeg cab (so I was told), so throw that out the window. These were from the 90s though.

Oh. I might be mistaking them, then. But there were some H and K V30's that had the 1777 cone, I believe. Not sure if the basket was black now, then.
I had a quad of black basket V30 with the 444 cone back in the day that I believe came from an old Ampeg cab (so I was told), so throw that out the window. These were from the 90s though.

Back