V30 instead of Tone Tubby and TT Diffusor

Personally I would not install the TT diffusors, but that is not a recommendation just opinion. Of course some people like them alot, but I think it depends also what kind of sounds you are after. Those people who I have met and are using the diffusors are usually more "traditional" -type of guitarists looking for a bit more mellow tones than so called "modern" more edgy tones.

It might be an idea to experment a bit with duct tape etc. To certain extend you can do the very same as the diffusors by taping the front grill. I think SRV used this method.

As iak said, a pice of tape can do the same.

Also I would suggest to think about a V30/G75T or V30/CL80 combination.

dass101":knfupy75 said:
And if you plan to sell a couple of the Hempcones shoot me a PM ;) (I assume you are in Europe)

When it will be changed, I'll PM you :yes:
I'm in France ;)

No they work on different principles. The one you show can cause phasing issues. Similar to webers beam blockers which I've tried. The doughnut is much better.

slivoid":1bsi5lcp said:
moltenmetalburn":1bsi5lcp said:
No they work on different principles. The one you show can cause phasing issues. Similar to webers beam blockers which I've tried. The doughnut is much better.

Oh, like this : http://www.webervst.com/blocker.html

Yes. The Mitchell doughnut is the best i have tried so far. You'll net need to adjust your prescene and treble a Little bit and you have much better on axis/ off axis congruence.

Back