Value of a Bogner XTC 101B from 1995???

Metalhead

I've got a guy that wants to trade me a 1995 XTC 101B that he says is in great condition with footswitch for an amp of mine. He claims it's worth $2500-$2750. If he's right I'd do it in a second but eBay listings for the same amp but much newer go for around $2000. What am I to believe? Any help or advice is much appreciated!!!

He says it's white on the back...on some metal part. Maybe he meant the chassis. Here's what he said in one message:

Dear smelton40,

they are NOTHING like mine one sold for 2650 plus shipping minutes after it was listed not even 2 weeks ago...the buyer arranged a deal and took it off line i'm overpaying in this trade NONE of what you see is anywhere close to what i have...mine is essentially a 100b with more options

Is it J Coopermans? He changes his mind allot. I think he is ok to deal with though but I owuld be carefull on a trade.

Maybe. He goes by fritz_worldwide. Not sure if it's same guy. I just wanna know if this is an XTC that I flip easily for a profit. That's what I'm trying to figure out!

Metalhead":30offbuy said:
Maybe. He goes by fritz_worldwide. Not sure if it's same guy. I just wanna know if this is an XTC that I flip easily for a profit. That's what I'm trying to figure out!
The chasis is white. You can get 2500 for it.

Yeah, it's a white chassis. Got pics but can't post off iPhone. My amps worth $2100 + shipping. Seems like I should do the trade huh?

Metalhead":1z0r708n said:
Yeah, it's a white chassis. Got pics but can't post off iPhone. My amps worth $2100 + shipping. Seems like I should do the trade huh?
Not sure. I do not like to trade unless its someone who is well known as standup or in person.

Someone was trying to trade me a white chassis 101B on Ebay last month, I wonder if it was the same one thats been going around?

You should totally do the trade I wish I did the guy got cold feet on me then offered me a Torres something or other. :LOL: :LOL:

:cry:

ETA this may be a different guy I cant remember the user name.

EXPcustom":3eu2e6mq said:
You should totally do the trade I wish I did the guy got cold feet on me then offered me a Torres something or other. :LOL: :LOL:

:cry:

ETA this may be a different guy I cant remember the user name.
I thinks hes a different guy. You are talikng about Jcooperman. He alaways backs out. He listed his Cornford MK50 like ten times on ebay and here.

The white chassis XTC's are largely disparaged for a number of reasons. Rheinhold never liked them much and there were only a few hundred made which may account for the value being jacked up.

I had one and liked it fine, but there are some significant differences from the later models. It has a channel assignment feature which lets you split the channel output to different cabs. Kind of cool if you use it, but they're dedicated outputs so you can't run 2 cabs unless you're splitting channels. It also has a Variac line out (at least mine did). Tonally, it's still a Bogner although I A/B'd it with a newer version before selling and the New/Modern setting on the white chassis was more like the Old/Vintage setting on my 2000. If all of that fits your needs, then it's a great amp, but still not worth more than a regular 101B IMO.

Metalhead":1sdw52hl said:
I'm doing the deal guys. From what I gather I can get $2500-$2750 for it. Here goes!!! :rock:

I wouldn't count on that, at all.

Those amps have a reputation for having too much shit in the circuit, and real overheating issues.

jcj":kvuh08h9 said:
Metalhead":kvuh08h9 said:
I'm doing the deal guys. From what I gather I can get $2500-$2750 for it. Here goes!!! :rock:

I wouldn't count on that, at all.

Those amps have a reputation for having too much shit in the circuit, and real overheating issues.

I heard the cabinet switching although a cool option cause lots of problems with those.

Well, it's a done deal, and I'll report back with a tone evaluation when it arrives. I hoping for the best. Thanks for all of y'all's cheering up about the deal! :gethim: Now I feel real confident. :no: I better not be fucked, and I'm betting y'all that this amp is gonna sound sweet. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but that's what I'm going with for now. :D

Back