VANDEN HULL SPEAKER CABLE or Evidence Audio

joolzriff

Anybody buy this for their amp to cab set up? how was it....i'm interested........running a SLO if that makes any difference (cable match)
anybody try the Evidence Audio speaker cable?

Never played a Van Den Hul or Evidence, but for what it's worth when I picked up a speaker cable from Lava Cable he recommended me a Kimber if I couldn't afford the Van Den Hul for a high gain modded Marshall. He carries the Evidence also so I guess that has to count for something. ;) This is the only "boutique" speaker cable I've ever owned, but it's definitely an improvement over your typical garden variety speak cable from the music store. My drummer noticed instantly if that tells you anything :LOL: :LOL:

I have the evidence. I cannot compare to anything else, but the cable is stiff as a stick. I have tried an Evidence instrument cable compared to a Vanden Hul. To my ears and feel the Van Den Hul was better. I noticed a big difference on the cleans. I plan on replacing my cab internally and head to cab cable to Van Den Hul.

I ordered the Evidence Siren II speaker cable yesterday. I'll let you know how it sounds when it comes in. I'm currently using a Monster 3' gold tipped speaker cable.

I have used all of them mentioned. The Vandenhull is the best for guitar to amp without a doubt. It has better clarity and kills for both HG and cleans. As far as speaker cable I use the Kimber. I went back and fourth between the Vandenhul and the Kimber and found I liked the Kimber better. The Evidence audio is a great cable and thats what I use to wire my entire rack. The EA is stiff and I found a little on the darker side for guitar to amp application. They are all great cables it just depends what your ear likes better. I dont think you will go wrong with any of them.

I just wired my pedal board with all Vandenhull and it sounds great. I only use a wah and a boost pedal, but want the front end to be all wired with the Vandenhull. Its expensive as balls, but makes a reall nice difference.

parntz145":2ga5pp4w said:
I have used all of them mentioned. The Vandenhull is the best for guitar to amp without a doubt. It has better clarity and kills for both HG and cleans. As far as speaker cable I use the Kimber. I went back and fourth between the Vandenhul and the Kimber and found I liked the Kimber better. The Evidence audio is a great cable and thats what I use to wire my entire rack. The EA is stiff and I found a little on the darker side for guitar to amp application. They are all great cables it just depends what your ear likes better. I dont think you will go wrong with any of them.

I just wired my pedal board with all Vandenhull and it sounds great. I only use a wah and a boost pedal, but want the front end to be all wired with the Vandenhull. Its expensive as balls, but makes a reall nice difference.
Did you use the Van Den Hul Bay C5? I was thinking of using some of that on my pedal board. I have three Van Den Hul patch cables and I know they make a huge difference. Mark at Lavacable recommended the Bayc5 for pedal boards.

MARK1970":3c24irwd said:
parntz145":3c24irwd said:

Did you use the Van Den Hul Bay C5? I was thinking of using some of that on my pedal board. I have three Van Den Hul patch cables and I know they make a huge difference. Mark at Lavacable recommended the Bayc5 for pedal boards.
No. I used the same as the guitar cable. I wanted the best tone going from my guitar through my pedals and then to the amp. I have a 10 foot Vandenhull guitar cord that goes guitar to the wah then I had a patch cable made going from the wah to my Timmy then a 5 foot going to the amp. Sounds friggin great.

Back