Velcro carpet suggestion

Skrln

Hey all

I made this small pedalboard to stick on 3 pedals I have and a powersupply that's underneath the board. I would like to cover the top with a fabric that makes the velcro on the pedals stick. So effectively I need a "carpet like soft side of velcro". I've been looking for it in 13 different stores now and just can't find anything but a few strips real velcro of not only an inch wide. I would like to cover the entire board so I can arrange the pedals the way I want.

What fabric sticks to velcro? What's it called? What sort of store carries them?

Thanks!

check lowes they have speaker box fabric that will work well. you ll have to use spray contact cement to put it on though

Find somebody that carries Ozite.

http://www.ozite.com/cprod.cfm?item=cp9

It's your standard carpet covering for speakers, cases, etc. I used it on a pedalboard once with good results. It's really cheap, and holds velcro very well. Check with any sound contractors or production companies in your area. They are most likely to carry it.

Velcro will pull the carpet stuff up even after it has been spray adhesive to the board. It will work for a while. :no:

jlbaxe":haz8e63q said:
Velcro will pull the carpet stuff up even after it has been spray adhesive to the board. It will work for a while. :no:

This is true, which is why I stopped using it.

In Southern Ca. we go to a shop called keyston Bros. They are an auto/boat upholstery shop that carries everything. If your looking for Carpet, the brand name is Foss.

Back