VFE Standout settings

peterc52

What settings do you use for an already distorted amp? Say a rectifier.

right now I think it’s too much. Would appreciate a hint 😁😁

nevermind the settings shown. Just a pic for reference

Attachments

• 8B533187-11BB-4FC1-B8ED-BA83CB84C0F7.jpeg
    8B533187-11BB-4FC1-B8ED-BA83CB84C0F7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
I adjust the internal makeup gain super low...like just barely up. The. Adjust the filters to the tone I want. I use the blend and level in unison. If I want the pedal to really change the amp, I keep the blend level on Max. If the pedal is doing too much, I use the blend to take off a little.
1620822459330.jpeg

With an already gained up Recto, I just used it as a high pass. I had mix at full, HPF around 120 Hz; the LPF to taste, and the level at unity or maybe just a little higher.

I adjust the internal makeup gain super low...like just barely up. The. Adjust the filters to the tone I want. I use the blend and level in unison. If I want the pedal to really change the amp, I keep the blend level on Max. If the pedal is doing too much, I use the blend to take off a little.
View attachment 78292
Thx!

there are 3 internal trims. It’s the EQ gain right?

what are the trim pot called IMPED?

With my recto I like the 6db slope, with the HPF all the way up and blend all the way up, then back off the blend slowly to let more bottom end in, until I like the feel. that can be quite an extreme low cut though.

I also have the makeup gain trimpot set low, I forget what to, though.

Start with the HPF off.
LPF at max.
Blend at max.
Bring up the Level to just past unity gain.
Adjust the HPF to get rid of any flub.
Adjust the LPF so it isn't harsh.
Adjust the Blend a very small amount to fill out the sound.
Fine tune everything.

That's how I do it with every amp.

Regarding the IMP pot, I believe only the new version with the two mini toggle switches has the IMP pot. I have both versions and do not see that pot in the original.

IMP adjust the impedance. You don't want to adjust it. It was set by Peter at the correct bias for the op amp to idle correctly. It's kind of similar to the idle on a carburetor.... if understand correctly.

Which version? The older one or the Kickstarter version? It matters. It looks like a new version

Back