VH4 and Midi (How does it work)

Daltao

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, Brazilian guitarist, fan Diezel company, my first post.

I will use as a basis, a text that was already in the forum topic.

I'm a noob midi, I read some of the previous threads about midi issues, but wanted to be sure of exactly how it works.

In my current setup I'm using a G System with 4 cable connection method, G System is capable midi.
One thing, however, is that the midi in VH4 has a 7-pin connection and phantom power, G System is 5 pin. So this is a bit confusing to me.

I just connect the midi thru for VH4 G System in midi? All I want to achieve is to change presets on the G System while changing channels with a single button VH4 foot.

PS: The problem you are having is that I set up, I record the channels for each bank, and when the floor G System, often does not work, there is no channel switching in VH4.

I did not understand how to configure the VH4 in Midi Omini and how to save a bank, faulty cable, bad contact that can occur?

Thus, the basic material midi. A tutorial would be nice.

Best Regards
Dalton

tc electronic's devices tend to have a weird midi-language implemented. that sometimes causes the vh4-midi-chip to be confused and it does not change the channels as it should.

you could have the following problems:
- different midi-communication channels (1-6, omni). if g sends on 2 and vh4 is on 1... there is no communication. set vh4 to omni:
To put the amp into the Omni mode, hold the “Mute” switch down and activate the “Channel Insert” switch quickly and then release the mute switch. The Insert, Send 2, and Mute switches will now blink to verify that the Omni mode is being accepted. (manual page 12, www.diezel.co.uk/diezel_vh4_uk.pdf)
- bad midi cable (you need a five-pin midi cable. you only need a 7-pin cable if you chose to use phontom power which you don't need if you use the g-system)
- bad communication between g-system and vh4. email peter (peterdiezel (at) diezelamplification.com) for new midi chip, you can insert the new midi-chip yourself (ca. 30 min)

to program just hit a preset on the g-system, pick a channel and the other switching options on the amp and hit store. that's all.

Back