VH4 - Bias - HELP!!!!!

fabiomurillo

Hi everybody,
I know this topic have already been covered many many times, but I have one doubt.

I'm putting a quartet of 6L6 on my VH4 .
I'm following the instruction on the diezel site to bias the amp:

http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/tech-corner.3.0.html

on the site it's a VH4S, and it says the current should be 60mA - 70mA (reading the current on 2 tubes)

how much should be the current on the VH4, 30mA or 120mA ???

thanks very very much!!!

the Diezel sites Tech Corner should also have recommendations for biasing the 6L6 tubes.

it will be for a pair, just like for the EL-34.

Thanks for the answer man!!

but in the VH4, am I reading the current on 1 or on the 4 tubes??
on the VH4S is on 2 tubes, but the VH4S is different from the VH4.
The VHS has 2 separate power sections (as stated on the diezel website), so I read 2 tubes at time. I would loke to know how it is on the VH4

don't know if I had been clear... my english sux.... :doh:

again, thanks for the reply!!!

you will read each individual tube on the VH4 although they are all biased from one bias pot. do you have a VH4 with the 6L6/EL34 switch? be sure to flip it as it alters the plate voltage a bit. you can bias the 6L6's a little hotter than the 34's. bias the tubes to 35-40.

steve

Thanks Steve!!!
problem solved!! :thumbsup:

another question, I've noticed that the VH4 has another trimmer (like the one to adjust the bias) near the output transformer.

what is it for??

When reading the bias off the OT with a multimeter you are measuring pairs.
So the recommendation is for two tubes.
Set the pairs to 60-70mA. EL34s more to the 60mA direction, 6L6GCs to the 70mA direction.

Hey Fabio!
Let´s know what you think about the 6L6´s in your Vh4! - Did ya get my last email?
Have fun, cheers: "ACY"

well what do you know.I am suppose to bias my cousins VH4 this afternoon.so I have a few questions.

I have a weber bias-rite.I have not ran into a problem with any amp so far but will it read accurate on the diezel stuff?
where is the bias trim pot on this thing?
I believe it is an 07 does it have extenal bias like the newer herbies?
what is the average PV for the vh4?
It has el34's in it right now and they are the stock tubes.I am replacing them with a quad of ruby 6l6gc's that I had in an amp for like a week and then decided to sell the amp.

this is also going to be the first diezel amp I will get to play thru.will it totally destroy my thought on tone?
does anyone have any recomendations for for brutal settings?

what speaker combination works best with this amp?he has a pair of bogner standard size 412's one loaded with v30's and I think the other has an h30 v30 x pattern.I have a pair of vader 412(os with emi legends)and a marshall 1960 loaded with a pair of texasheats and the stock g75T's in X...

so I didn't need to bias the amp because the tubes were fine and he decided he wanted to stick with el34 type.but I did open it up and take a look inside.just as clean if not cleaner than my old splawns.sounded fantastic with his les paul but didn't like the amp with my socal tuned to B.

Back