VH4 + Helix

Hi guys, I've ordered a VH4 which should be arriving next month hopefully (assuming it goes through UK customs ok). I was just wondering if anyone has had any success running a Helix in a 4CM successfully with this amp with no or minimal tone loss?

Hey Brother I don't have a helix with mine but i run it with a axe FX 2 xl+ Last generation before the III IT sounds great, I have no Tone loss in any stage. Don't use cheap cables. When i ran it with test cables before i put it in a rack there was some Hum, Second i switched cables to my usual Monster and Mogami They were gone. I use a monster Conditioner cause at certain venues there was some crap happing. Been bullet proof for 5 years. Hope that helps

E2E7CB05-8536-4378-BD93-36F5A70249DF.jpeg

Here’s a bad photo for reference.
✌️

Hi guys, I've ordered a VH4 which should be arriving next month hopefully (assuming it goes through UK customs ok). I was just wondering if anyone has had any success running a Helix in a 4CM successfully with this amp with no or minimal tone loss?
Hi! have u had any luck w 4cm between helix and vh4? i have the exact same gear combination. I basically have a very logical vision: to be able to 1) use effects in front and in loop in all 4 channels 2) switch channels from helix via MIDI cable... Have u managed to run it like that? Any signal degradation issues? Should I use the Channel Inserts connections or the Loop connections for the 4cm? bc if i used the channel inserts that would actually mean 8 cable method (coz there r 4 channels) . im not sure whether im making myself clear :). Basically i want to be able to use every channel with lets say a flanger/chorus/whatever in front of the amp and a delay/reverb after the preamp section. And be able to switch these thru snapshots, many thanks!

I tried to get something great out of my VH4 and a Helix in 4CM, but it never sounded lush and full.
I sold the Helix, and got a Quad Cortex, run it in 4CM with the VH4, and it sounds amazing and fills the room.

Back