VHT 2150 vs Mesa Strategy 400

you are always looking in germany o_O... i bought that Larry because of you. I just happened to have a buddy who lived relatively close. I think I'm done for a while. "while" means until next year.
Yes, the german speaking market is kind of on my gear-whore radar ;)
Does the Larry live up to its hype?

BTW, there’s currently a Dual Recto RevF for sale in Switzerland for 2.2K

I own 2 Strategys 400, and a VHT 2150. When I slave my Mesa amps, it’s always through the S400s. The VHT is amazing, but I prefer Mesa amps through the S400. They’re both great just different kinds of great

The tone of this thread is deadly...

20231211_161943.jpg

Last edited:
I have had almost all "big" power amps for a while. When I made a shootout, I found that the result always depend on the preamp you use. The shortest conclusion I came to was "It makes sense to build heads".
However, some power amps always sounded fine. The 2150 was first here. I also liked the 2:90 in all cases, but it added a specific color to the sound. The Strategy 400 I had did not sound good in all cases, as I lacks a Presence control. Also, the Boogie power amps do not have a Depth/Deep control. The Deep switch in the Boogies doesn't always work and sounds different in each version. I found it too fat in the S500. I really like it in the Coloseum 300.
In any case: The Strategy 400 sounded awesome when paired with a MB Studio Preamp. And that was with a pair of 2x12" EVM12L and a Tele!!!

Back