VHT/Fryette Deliverance amp demo

Bram576

Really don’t think these get enough credit. Sound brutal and ridiculously loud. Really reminds me of my wizards for less than half the price. Great deal for what they are. I’ll probably wind up moving this while my wizards stay, but if I was hurting for cash this would definitely fill my Wizard void for a bit.

2:42 was my favorite tone I got out of it.

Open, raw...great clarity that's equal to anything out there. Just gotta deal with the dryness of them. Back before Covid, I paid 750 for the 60 and 900 for the 120.
Great amps.

As much as I like the OG D60, it's no Wizard. It has punch for sure, but tone, harmonics, clarity, and overall gain structure quality go to the Wizards all day every day for me. I've bought a few D60s and sold Wizards and always thought...ahh...I'll be happy enough for the price difference...nope. I didn't really care for the D60II near as much as the OG and I didn't like the D120II at all, returned that one within the same week.

Holy treble Batman..
totally. is the deliverance a really dark amp or something? I had a GP3 and CL100 before and they weren't dark at all. Definitely gonna get Fryette tone someday again. That guy is cool and funny. I love that shit about the pcb kiss my ass stuff, effin riot!

totally. is the deliverance a really dark amp or something?
Can be as dark or bright as you want it to be honestly. I tend to go brighter when dialing in stuff, because it’s what cuts in a dense mix. And I play pretty heavy music so… a lot of stuff going on.

Awesome. Love the D60 but I always end up selling them when I have GAS. I think what will be my 6th will be arriving today. lol
Really do think there’s something to these old ones. I remember hearing that the old ones sounded too similar to the pitbull so they changed the circuit a bit? Could be wrong…New ones don’t seem as aggressive? Too tough to tell without having them side by side.

They were all the rage when they first came out. I picked up a used d60 back then and it's been one of my favorite amps ever since.

It's hard to accurately record what these amps are great at; how well it sits in a band mix, and the amount of versatility & ease of dialing it in on such a simple platform made it an instant keeper for me.

Back