Video: Naylor, Mesa Rev F, Wizard MC, 78 JMP 2203

LPMojoGL

Some of y’all might dig this.
Playing some riffs and licks thru a Naylor Duel 100, 1992 Mesa Rev F Dual Rectifier, 2016 Wizard Modern Classic and 1978 Marshall JMP 2203. Charvel Satchel, Bogner OS2x12 + Suhr Reactive Load, straight in, no pedals. No trickery or tomfoolery. Recorded in my tiny music room using a Zoom Q2HD. I set the amps to match the Marshall's max amount of gain. Each of other amps have plenty more gain available. Didn't notice until after recording that the Marshall and Wizard had

Amazing how similar they all sound. Just goes to show how much the players hands and technique add to the overall tone.

LP Freak":34ofp1iw said:
Amazing how similar they all sound. Just goes to show how much the players hands and technique add to the overall tone.
Gain is subjective but all sound killer in there own way

LP Freak":3gg1s2qm said:

I set them up similar, which I guess I do with most amps. The only things I’d do differently to the other amps is up the gain, except the Mesa. I’d drop the gain on it amd use a mid eq/od in front.

I believe that a person sounds mostly the same regardless of gear. Some gear can help fully realize that sound, and some gear brings out different sides of it. Like, I play differently thru an SLO. Dunno why, still sounds like me, but the stuff coming out is different than thru other amps. The Wizard brings out my thrash metal side.

LPMojoGL":1dvf9bqt said:
LP Freak":1dvf9bqt said:

I set them up similar, which I guess I do with most amps. The only things I’d do differently to the other amps is up the gain, except the Mesa. I’d drop the gain on it amd use a mid eq/od in front.

I believe that a person sounds mostly the same regardless of gear. Some gear can help fully realize that sound, and some gear brings out different sides of it. Like, I play differently thru an SLO. Dunno why, still sounds like me, but the stuff coming out is different than thru other amps. The Wizard brings out my thrash metal side.
:rock:
Very true. We all set our EQs the same on every amp, to get the sound we like. The only amp that won't sound like my Marshall or any other amp I've owned is a Mesa Mark..the tone is still pretty different no matter what I do.

Racerxrated":2q1xtya7 said:
LPMojoGL":2q1xtya7 said:
LP Freak":2q1xtya7 said:

:rock:
Very true. We all set our EQs the same on every amp, to get the sound we like. The only amp that won't sound like my Marshall or any other amp I've owned is a Mesa Mark..the tone is still pretty different no matter what I do.

Any Mesa Mark I’ve had sounded different daily. Breath on the knobs and the sound changed. Wasn’t for me, but those that use them make them sound great.

Nice brother.
We def do tend to try and dial in amps, for the way we play. Certain bite, low end, punch, cutting mids, etc.
All the amps sounded great.
For the record I love my Mesa mark JP2c, I haven’t fiddled with settings in a while, which usually means it’s a keeper amp for me. I find if I’m always fiddling with knobs, it’s not giving me what I want.

Back