Vinnie Vincent - What Is Going On?

The arrangement on this was done extremely well, and he actually plays for the song and doesnt go full nonsense. . Shame he is nuts though.
Hell yeah, and "Love Kills". His AOR side was killer.

Check out "Invincible" from his demos.

Also "Back on the Street" was one of his. Which ended up on John Norums album with Goran (ex Yngwie)

He's a great songwriter, especially when he's co-writing. I love his solos on the "Creatures of the Night" and "Lick it up" albums. After that his solos sounded like he was on the strongest Meth on the planet. I kept hoping he'd live up to his potential, but nope. Disappointed every time he came out with new stuff. I wonder if he's ever had a moment's peace in that brain of his. Frankly, I pity him. I wish him the best.
That's because they kept him in check. Sadly VV needed the guidance because afterwards his solo's and his life went into the shitter. Further many of those tunes on his first solo album were going to be Kiss songs. Really is sad when people believe their hype.

Any Kiss fans that saw the Creatures tour will tell you, they sounded like a machine steamrolling you over. I've seen them in all incarnations multiple times and musically, Creatures was the best followed by Kulick and Singer during the Revenge era.

Creatures though, what an amazing album. Steve Farris takes the Creatures solo, Robben Ford takes the solo's on Rock n Roll Hell and I Still Love you. Farris would have had the job had he been able to sing backup. Other Creatures tidbits, Richie Sambora, Robbin Crosby, Doug Aldrich and Mark Torien were auditioned for the guitar slot.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, and "Love Kills". His AOR side was killer.

Check out "Invincible" from his demos.

Also "Back on the Street" was one of his. Which ended up on John Norums album with Goran (ex Yngwie)
Yea, I have all his demos and that stupid Speedball Jam thing. LOL .. He was a really good songwriter but too difficult to work with. Bob Rock used to tell the story that they did the original drum tracks without Vinnie There. They had rented this theater and he said they sounded the best he had heard ANY drum sound. Dana and the rest of the guys couldnt believe how great they sounded. Bob leaves to go back home because his parts were done, which is a little weird, and then Vinnie come in. He hated the sound and the feel. He put on a drum machine as was complaining he wanted that type of groove and feel. Record Co. didnt want to release it that way and bunch of shit went down Bob wound up coming back to re-record everything but never got the original drum sounds back. The way he tells it is very detail oriented and there are some parts I'm sure I'm forgetting, but if I come across it I'll post the interview. Woulda been great to actually HEAR the drums, let alone a killer drum sound! LOL

Yea, I have all his demos and that stupid Speedball Jam thing. LOL .. He was a really good songwriter but too difficult to work with. Bob Rock used to tell the story that they did the original drum tracks without Vinnie There. They had rented this theater and he said they sounded the best he had heard ANY drum sound. Dana and the rest of the guys couldnt believe how great they sounded. Bob leaves to go back home because his parts were done, which is a little weird, and then Vinnie come in. He hated the sound and the feel. He put on a drum machine as was complaining he wanted that type of groove and feel. Record Co. didnt want to release it that way and bunch of shit went down Bob wound up coming back to re-record everything but never got the original drum sounds back. The way he tells it is very detail oriented and there are some parts I'm sure I'm forgetting, but if I come across it I'll post the interview. Woulda been great to actually HEAR the drums, let alone a killer drum sound! LOL
I read that Bobby Rock story too. Awesome and sad at the same time.

I don’t think people really know the depths of Vinnie’s talent. He did solo jazz guitar lounge gigs for yeas. You cant fake that shit. He’s a serious player. I know his recorded solo material sounds bogus, and it is to a point, but less so than, say, Vernon Reid’s nonsense. Vinnie can actually play.

I don’t think people really know the depths of Vinnie’s talent. He did solo jazz guitar lounge gigs for yeas. You cant fake that shit. He’s a serious player. I know his recorded solo material sounds bogus, and it is to a point, but less so than, say, Vernon Reid’s nonsense. Vinnie can actually play.
Damn straight!

I've seen this Interview! I think it's also 3-sides-of-the-coin podcast maybe? What a crazy story.

I've heard in other interviews he was really going for the Mutt Lang thing. You can tell with all the reverse vocals and drums.

Last edited:
I can’t help but feel for him. Never got into him much but enough to know what a waste of what could have been.

Reactions: rsm
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the Happy Days sessions!!! I can imagine a whole new world of WTF??!! LOL

Back