Vito Bratta's white Esp Strat specs?

veji

can anybody guess what body wood, neck and fretboard wood, pickups , specs is the guitar in this video?

Thanks

Rumored to be Ash with a JB and 250k volume pot, not sure what the single coils were..
I suppose you could just have a tone knob and leave it at 500k. I think the 250k trick was done when there was only a vol knob and the 500k was too bright. (which worked in EVH's favour for some more snap I imagine) Or you could go with a dimazio AT-1 which is supposed to sound like a JB on a 250 pot but I found it not to be rude enough.

So miss that guy. I listen to WL all the time and so regret getting into them late in their career. Why doesn't Vito get back out there? He has a built-in fan base that would jump at his music.

So miss that guy. I listen to WL all the time and so regret getting into them late in their career. Why doesn't Vito get back out there? He has a built-in fan base that would jump at his music.
He injured his hand years ago. He can't play without pain.

I knew that. I would think he'd have long ago sought treatment for that. How much can he be making now off WL royalties?
I don’t buy the hand injury story. Same the Adrian Vandenburg hand injury story, it’s too convenient. I honestly think that Vito is a very introverted person, and he simply doesn’t enjoy being out in public or around people. That’s my hunch, anyway. Can’t prove it.

Omg. I saw them around this time. ‘87.
they opened for ace frehley in Cincinnati.
not a single person knew who they were.
this was right as their first record came out.
I couldnt drive yet so my aunt took me.
I remember watching ace play and looking over at the bar and there was mike tramp(again no idea at the time ) at the bar hitting on my aunt.
she got a autograph for her husband lol.
true story.

Last edited:
I don’t buy the hand injury story. Same the Adrian Vandenburg hand injury story, it’s too convenient. I honestly think that Vito is a very introverted person, and he simply doesn’t enjoy being out in public or around people. That’s my hunch, anyway. Can’t prove it.
This along with caring for his family. His father passed but he's caring for his mother now. Agree, hand injury is just an excuse but again as you said, cannot prove it.

In Adrian's case I thought the same for a long time. When Vai came available that was all John Kalodner's doing, get the biggest name at the time. And I believe that Vai agreed on the condition that only he was doing the guitar work. You can hear the rough tracks on 87' re-release and on youtube you can view what appeared to be a documentary of the making of the album with a couple snippets where Adrian's playing seemed fine.

Timely thread as I've been listening and watching alot of Vito on youtube lately. Truly one of the most melodic guys around.

Back