Volume pedal

lettmusic

Any help from you guys would be great:
Your favorite volume pedal? and best place to put it without altering the the original tone?

I used to have an Ernie Ball many years ago. It was really good but I can't remember the model.
Thanks.

I use a Morley Optical Volume and love it. i run it at the end of my chain going into the front of the amp. Its great for ambient sounds!

thanks for all the input, guys, Really appreciate it.
I'm into the Ernie Ball, but want ing to check out some other good ones out there too.

Up,front it will act somewhat like rolling off the guitar's volume, lowering and raising the signal feeding the rest of the chain. This can be cool if you like the dynamics of hitting dirt pedals or your amp with varying signal.

At the very end it will act as a master volume, lowering and raising the volume of everything before it. So a distortion pedal would stay fully saturated and only the volume would change. Heel down would also silence any delay or verb trails if those effects are placed before it.

I like it after all dirt and modulation but before time based effects so I can do swells at full gain levels but when I lower the volume the delay and verb trails are not cut off.

Back