Voodoo labs Giggity pedal

mobyp

I got this a few days ago. It's a really flexible pedal. To my surprise, it's really doing for me what I thought the RC booster would do, but didn't. It has a hundred different kinds of tonal boost. So far it's worked best (for me) at taming the fender circuit for dirty tones, but at last night's gig it worked great with a clean tones and in conjunction with a cot50, gave a raw, fat, but still refined blues tone. On the lead, for me, it's staying in the EJ territory (who's also using one at the mo), but that's a lot to do with my rig.

I did 3 demos where I begin to run the Giggity through its paces. The first is through a JTM45/100 circuit. The last 2 are running through a fender twin.

i was going to ask do you think it's most effective/interesting for single coils? or does it add something nice for humbuckers too?

Thanks for the demos! That pedal sounds great, really interested in trying it out. Looks to nail the EJ tone easily!

university81":2ilkbh2m said:
i was going to ask do you think it's most effective/interesting for single coils? or does it add something nice for humbuckers too?
The marshall demo is using single coils. The fender demos is an alder strat with a suhr ssv (I think, the low output one), so it works well with both. You can really take it in either direction, thinning tone out or fattening it up.

Sounds good man. Can't help but laugh hearing you (or anyone really) say giggity. Thanks for the demos!

The Hoff":1kmcy2ga said:
Sounds good man. Can't help but laugh hearing you (or anyone really) say giggity. Thanks for the demos!
Giggity is a real man word. Not some Tom f*ckin Selleck word :LOL: :LOL:

I have heard a few clips, including yours and this pedal has certainly caught my attention. I will have to check one out when I see one in a store.

Great clips btw!

dstroud":12hy6psj said:
interesting - so do you think it has as much gain as say a Tubescreamer?
No - not even close. You can load the gain on the front end if you want, but that's not what (imo) what this pedal is for. As I said, like a multi dimensional RC, with shiva arms and ten breasts.

Back