W800

tlp1234

Although I have 3 Wizards.....I'm still a relatively know little about Wizards in general.

What the hell is the W800?

Reza has some good YT clips and I like what I hear.....but can't find much on them ATM including Ricks website, unless I just flat dumbass over looked it (entirely possible).

Wizard experts please tell me more if you don't mind.

I don't ask Rick many questions unless I'm buying from him, and even then he is of few words and somewhat cryptic when he does respond.

Thank you for whatever you will reveal.

Although I have 3 Wizards.....I'm still a relatively know little about Wizards in general.

Reza has some good YT clips and I like what I hear.....but can't find much on them ATM including Ricks website, unless I just flat dumbass over looked it (entirely possible).

I don't ask Rick many questions unless I'm buying from him, and even then he is of few words and somewhat cryptic when he does respond.

Bolded for truth LOL!

Here's mine. It's a pre-production model built in late 2020 - built on a VC platform. Production models are their own platform. Basically it's a JCM 800 circuit with better components and added gain.

PWaAmVK.jpeg

pRGTetF.jpeg

Here's mine. It's a pre-production model built in late 2020 - built on a VC platform. Production models are their own platform. Basically it's a JCM 800 circuit with better components and added gain.

PWaAmVK.jpeg

pRGTetF.jpeg
Okay then......I had no idea.

What year?

Has he done away with the impedance select SW on most new builds?

I would love try one of these to compare it to the MC II tones, but something tells me the W800 covers less ground in the tone spectrum and would overlap in sounds making it redundant.

I would love to pick his brain about why he designs stuff the way he does. I doubt I would understand it. Fryette is the same. He is a cool guy and very open, but I don't think his mind works like ours. I just play and enjoy their badass amps.

It is single channel. And it has a ton of gain, imo. I was expecting it to be very low gain, also. Not the case.
That would be perfect for certain things I like to do.

Never played an Avenger, but do have an SLO-100 here.

Ch 1 of the SLO maybe?

What do you think the new 100W build would go for $$?

I would love to pick his brain about why he designs stuff the way he does. I doubt I would understand it. Fryette is the same. He is a cool guy and very open, but I don't think his mind works like ours. I just play and enjoy their badass amps.
I absolutely agree. I really dig both those guys. Fryette is a truly smart guy and a hoot and very interesting in his podcasts/interviews. Very funny and interesting guy.

Rick told me he doesn't do interviews and is not into any of that. I respect that and respect him immensely. Great builder and very hard worker.

That would be perfect for certain things I like to do.

Never played an Avenger, but do have an SLO-100 here.

Ch 1 of the SLO maybe?

What do you think the new 100W build would go for $$?
I don't know if he does the 100watt w800 anymore..He probably would if you asked. I hear the production model w800 is 50 watts. I played the 100watter a bit yesterday. I would like to try a 150 watt version. That is what you should order

Back