Wah models...

ZachMN

Been thinking about a new Wah and am curious about the Dunlop 535q or to be honest anyone's opinions on the various pros and cons of models they have used.....would really like one with a lot of raspiness if that's descriptive enough phlegmy lol !

Dunlop MC-404 CAE Wah Pedal is what I use. I've tried quiet a few and I just like being able to switch between the red and yellow inductor.

I would highly consider the Petrucci signature wah.

Not because of his wah sound, but because it's a rack wah in pedal form. You have total control over every parameter. There isn't a wah sound out there you couldn't dial in.

Better yet...you can dial in the wah sound YOU like.

I have a Dunlop 95q and love it. Mainly switched to it because I hated having to toe forward switch on/off the other Dunlop I had.
There may be others out there that are switchless but that was crucial for me and it sounds good to with a few tweaking controls.

Sir Crunch A Lot":23vpcdqw said:
Dunlop MC-404 CAE Wah Pedal is what I use. I've tried quiet a few and I just like being able to switch between the red and yellow inductor.

Another vote for this. I had early 70's cry baby, muff fuzz, and Electric Mistress that one of my "buddies" decided needed them more than me. Not my buddy anymore.. This has that vibe to them and is easily adjustable.

peckhart":oo7syfii said:
I have a Dunlop 95q and love it. Mainly switched to it because I hated having to toe forward switch on/off the other Dunlop I had.
There may be others out there that are switchless but that was crucial for me and it sounds good to with a few tweaking controls.

+1 here. Really needed a switchless wah, and the 95q has gotten me exactly where I wanted to be. It definitely has rasp, and is mildly adjustable.

I have a Teese RMC2, and a Dunlop Crybaby Classic, among many others. I prefer the Classic a bit more tone wise. However, it is a Dunlop. They're junk. They break easily and often. I have a lot of Dunlop pedals that have I've replaced parts in, and other parts keep breaking. The Teese finally had a switch go after about 7-8 years and hundreds of gigs.

It's a love/hate thing for me.

Thanks for the replies...I like the tweakability aspect of the Petrucci model...that maybe where I go so I can dial in what I like which will inevitably change!! LOL

I've had and demo'd a lot of wahs. My favorite are my BBE Ben Wah and Vertex modded Ben Wah. Third favorite was the Mission Engineering wah that I had at the house on demo for a short time. So musical, and that candy purple paint job is the coolest color on a pedal ever.

Jeez, 200 bucks for that Billy Duffy model..

...I got a used Clyde Deluxe and have been digging it a lot. Has a nice strong quack to it without a fizzy top end. Even though the deluxe has multiple voices I leave it on one and leave it alone. If I buy another wah in the future I want one without knobs and voicing switches etc. Just want it to have the sound I like as is.

I picked up a CFH dime bag cowboys from hell wah for 50 bucks, it has a lot of control and boast, I love it.

I really dig the Cantrell wah.
Big, deep and throaty. Adjustable.

I've had Dunlop wahs since the 70's and never had one break. They're rock solid.

Long time user of the BBE Ben Wah...true bypass, sweepable mids, sounds great live or in mixes...no complaints.

I'm currently using a Cantrell wah but will be getting my hands on the Petrucci wah in a couple weeks. The Cantrell wah is dark and thick and as much as I love it, I'm a wah junkie at heart and just want more wah tones.

Red_Label":gc5h8rej said:
My favorite are my BBE Ben Wah and Vertex modded Ben Wah.

Did you get a Vertex that was actually modded, or does the added goop on the circuits thicken up the tone?

Back