Waiting 4 months for an Arcane pickup

Even the major companies like Duncan are having problems getting their parts.

But when a customer approaches a seller and asks if they have any in stock, and the seller says "Hey, I got one right here, it's a zebra and has the 78 on it. I can get it out this week if you pay now" -- that's not a supply chain issue.

It's an over-stock of BS.
Not an over-stock,
all they have in stock is BS,
everything else is out of stock.

Got my pickups today. They look badass. And I want to put them in the guitar. But they came in trem spacing. I don't see anywhere on the website where the 13 comes in trem spacing, and i just fake ordered it again to see how i could have messed it up, but see nothing.

Got my pickups today. They look badass. And I want to put them in the guitar. But they came in trem spacing. I don't see anywhere on the website where the 13 comes in trem spacing, and i just fake ordered it again to see how i could have messed it up, but see nothing.
UPDATE He was really fast to reply, Said he just makes them that way cuz so many going in strats. Said to send it back and he will redo it.

I got two Trussart steel pauls one with arcanes and an older one with Tom Holmes. I dont plug the arcane one in ever, play it on the couch unplugged.

UPDATE #2. Still haven't gotten the pickup back. Guy doesn't answer emails. Tried calling and he didn't answer. Metlupass2 was more correct than he knew. It is July 2022 and i still haven't gotten it. I am probably being unfair. I will give him a few more years. If I find myself in LA, though, I will go meet up with buddy and show him my Texas manners.

UPDATE #2. Still haven't gotten the pickup back. Guy doesn't answer emails. Tried calling and he didn't answer. Metlupass2 was more correct than he knew. It is July 2022 and i still haven't gotten it. I am probably being unfair. I will give him a few more years. If I find myself in LA, though, I will go meet up with buddy and show him my Texas manners.

thats so lame man - yet another guy on my "dont ever buy their stuff" list. just try snd forget about it and maybe one day it will show up at your door

thats so lame man - yet another guy on my "dont ever buy their stuff" list. just try snd forget about it and maybe one day it will show up at your door
Yeah. I wasn't even needing a pickup. Was just curious if his could beat my iron man. But I keep hearing that @scottosan has the best pickups. I would rather buy a pickup from a good guy than support a fucking douche, anyway. But buddy has my money anyway. Hope it helps him.

I also wanna throw a plug in here for Gravelin pickups. I’ve ordered twice from him (both since the pandemic started) and had both orders to me within weeks. The last one was built and shipped within less than two weeks.
http://www.gravelinpickups.com/

An interesting development since my OP. I was able to buy one from him on e-bay. Since then I've ordered a couple of sets from him directly. instant communication and they're shipped (not just generated a label -- actually shipped) within 48 hours.

Things have definitely improved.

An interesting development since my OP. I was able to buy one from him on e-bay. Since then I've ordered a couple of sets from him directly. instant communication and they're shipped (not just generated a label -- actually shipped) within 48 hours.

Things have definitely improved.
I am very happy to hear this. I was definitely feeling for you in the beginning. I was thinking @DanTravis62 could get his best friend reza to talk to the arcane guy. Reza is a real superstar in the music community and could probably convince the guy to send me that pickup so that I could do a youtube video setting it on fire.

Yeah. I wasn't even needing a pickup. Was just curious if his could beat my iron man. But I keep hearing that @scottosan has the best pickups. I would rather buy a pickup from a good guy than support a fucking douche, anyway. But buddy has my money anyway. Hope it helps him.
They’re lying LoL. There’s some great winders/pickups out there. I have a limited product line, but for the price and even compare me to much more expensive options I think they hang well for the types of tones that I intended to cover.

They’re lying LoL. There’s some great winders/pickups out there. I have a limited product line, but for the price and even compare me to much more expensive options I think they hang well for the types of tones that I intended to cover.
Time will tell. Your modesty is admirable. But i hear from guys that use the heavy hitters that yours are better. That's high praise. It is all subjective. But I am excited for mine.

Well, that's how everyone got started. 5-10 years from now ToneNerd pickups might be standard guitar term or brand. The clips I have heard sound great. My problem is I have more pickups that guitars. I can't seem to catch up.

Time will tell. Your modesty is admirable. But i hear from guys that use the heavy hitters that yours are better. That's high praise. It is all subjective. But I am excited for mine.
The reality is that there’s so many different models even among a single maker, because everyone’s tastes are different. I purposely steer clear of the vintage market because it’s a saturated market. Personaly for vintage spec, I think some of the best PAFs as well as the originals were machine wound. Single coils, handwound with a lot of scatter is best. I think higher output humbuckers benefit the most from being handwound, since they retain openness even at extreme specs. If someone asked me for a hot and dark pickup, I would advise them to get a machine wound pickup. For now, there’s not a lot of options for hotter handwound pickups. BK, Jalen, a few hot option from makers that got their start from low output, Motor City to make a few. I am completely transparent. It costs about $22-25 in parts to make a pickup, not to include shipping from parts vendors. In todays supply chain world you may have to source from 2-4 vendors to get what you need. To make a single pickup it takes a few hours. It’s easier to make in batches as it doesn’t take 20 hours to make 10 pickups, maybe 8 hours. So, $60 shipped isn’t making hardy any profit since I’m shipping for free and eating fees if buyer chooses standard PayPal. Now that we have to report anything over $600 I may need to see what this means at the end of the year. My intent is to keep the sales minimal and not really advertise. My day job pays week and the pickup this is a plan to transition into retirement, which I’m not ready for yet. So, for now it’s a side gig and priced accordingly. And in another 5-10 years, I will be more wise and more experience before making it a full time thing. Bk prices are insane in the US in my honest opinion

Last edited:
Back