Wampler pedals

I didn't like the pinnacle until I tried it in front of a clean amp, 72 JMP I believe. I think they shine best through a clean platform. But I sold the JMP, and the pedal shortly after. Boosting my 800 at the time with it didn't sound as good as an SD1. IMO.

I've had an Analog delay from one of there first batches and it's been on my pedal board ever since. I'd like to get their tape echo at some point. Plus they're Hoosiers :thumbsup:

Good quality, great customer service. I guarantee you will find something in their catalog that you will love. I've tried a lot. I kept a Dual Fusion and a Tumnus. I use a Dual Fusion or a JHS "@" pedal as my go to pedal for Lead/OD tone for when I use backline amps. Tumnus is a Klon type pedal. It can do distortion tones but it excels at give a good amp "more" of what it has. Great boost pedal. Check out Wampler's Velvet Fuzz.

My experience is limited but I do own a Plextortion that I really like. I keep it to use as a back-up with an EHX 44 Magnum in case I loose my amp during a show. The pedal sounds really good and can cover tones from slightly broken up to higher gain modded Marshall tones, especially when using the vintage and modern toggle switch. It sounds good when plugged into the return or run through the clean channel on a tube amp. I was able to get some very good tones when I ran it through my Bassman. I do find it to be tight with no a lot of sag, especially on the modern voicing. All that said it's build solid and I have had no issues with it.

I purchased the Pinnacle about 8 years or more. It was the one with two switches. I did not care for it. About 3 years ago, I attended the Pedal Expo in L.A. The guy who was demoing the pedals was playing the pedals on a Bassman and every pedal I heard sounded great. The Pinnacle and Plextortion were very nice sounding. I am going to pick up a Paisley drive when I put my pedalboard together.

I never used DIST/OD pedals until a few years ago. The Pinnacle did not go well with my amp at the time. I now have a PT100 and use fuzz and other dirt pedals with a different gain structure for variety.

Back