Want to build a superstrat..

Stratboy151

Been fixin for a Suhr/Anderson styled HSH monster again for awhile, and those prices are just not in my budget. Toying around with the idea of buying a fender MIM HSH body and going to town.

MrDan666":1lhfotuy said:
What kinda budget are ya thinking of John?

oh somethin real cheap! i even have a few bodies laying around, i would just need to chisel out to accomodate for an HSH config. i was just checkin guitar fetish for some parts on the cheap.

Stratboy151":fg3x37qj said:
MrDan666":fg3x37qj said:

oh somethin real cheap! i even have a few bodies laying around, i would just need to chisel out to accomodate for an HSH config. i was just checkin guitar fetish for some parts on the cheap.

Cool!

What kinda spec would you be lookin for?

Floyd rose? or standard trem/hardtail?

What kinda neck? Shape/no of frets etc?

MrDan666":17md3bgk said:
Stratboy151":17md3bgk said:
MrDan666":17md3bgk said:

Cool!

What kinda spec would you be lookin for?

Floyd rose? or standard trem/hardtail?

What kinda neck? Shape/no of frets etc?

prolly a hardtail bridge, 22 jumbo fret, maple board. i have this idea of a black body, neon green pickguard and pink pu's :rock:

Stratboy151":359k8dye said:
prolly a hardtail bridge, 22 jumbo fret, maple board. i have this idea of a black body, neon green pickguard and pink pu's :rock:

:D :rock:

Maybe look into grabbin a Fender neck, maybe a MIM with a maple board? You could always get a tech to fret it up with some 6100's, and then assemble the whole thing yourself, if you already have a few bodies! :thumbsup:

MrDan666":2hsxa8wk said:
Stratboy151":2hsxa8wk said:

Maybe look into grabbin a Fender neck, maybe a MIM with a maple board? You could always get a tech to fret it up with some 6100's, and then assemble the whole thing yourself, if you already have a few bodies! :thumbsup:
By the time you buy a MIM Fender neck and then have it refretted you are way above what a maple Warmoth neck with huge frets costs. If you just want plain maple and want to spec everything on the neck you're looking at $157 for a Warmoth, made in USA neck.

Chubtone":1stdggtv said:
By the time you buy a MIM Fender neck and then have it refretted you are way above what a maple Warmoth neck with huge frets costs. If you just want plain maple and want to spec everything on the neck you're looking at $157 for a Warmoth, made in USA neck.

Good point, i did not realise that!! That is a great deal for that price :thumbsup:

Chubtone":106j2i41 said:
MrDan666":106j2i41 said:
Stratboy151":106j2i41 said:

this is true, it just scares me that the frets wont be dressed? alot of guys have been tellin me that anyway.

OK so $230 for a Warmoth neck dialed in on your guitar body. About as much as a refret on a MIM neck and you still have to buy the MIM neck.

Chubtone":2jpougfn said:
OK so $230 for a Warmoth neck dialed in on your guitar body. About as much as a refret on a MIM neck and you still have to buy the MIM neck.

Exactly! Thats a much better deal.. i mean with Warmoth you can choose any neck shape too, whereas a Fender MIM neck you're stuck with the stock spec.

Back