Warmoth / motor city / mjt build

GOHOINC

Just semi finished my newest project. Warmoth body, neck and pickguard. Motor city afwayu, Woodward and 2nd deg. Black Belt. Gotoh 510ts bridge and vintage locking tuners. Finished in aged ice blue metallic by mjt. Momentary kill switch on lower bout, 3 way toggle for the two humbuckers which also share a volume, middle pickup has its own volume and can roll it in, similar to Gibson triple pickup wiring. Master tone is a push push pot to split the neck pickup.

It's semi finished as I am awaiting a 53mm bridge pickup from mc. Couldn't wait to play so I used what I had for now.

The price/value ratio for classic brands like Fender, Gibson is “not the best” now. If the quality of the guitar is first for you and the Logo is secondary thing, the best way is local luthier build guitar or quality partcaster set up by local tech.

I personally selected 1pc lightweigt swamp ash blank, roasted 4A flamed maple neck blank, very dark rosewood fingerboard blank. All my selected premium tonewoods had perfect resonance and tap tone. I ordered custom handwound pickups from great small shop pickupmakers, and hand picked all best quality perriod correct hardware in music store/luthiers shop. Only 60s NOS ceramic disc tonecap comes from Ebay.
My local luthier with 30 years experience from my selected material built me Fender Master built grade strat, with real nitro.

The price was 15% of ultra high end Custom Shop Master built +10k price range Fenders.
The guitar is playing and sounding like a dream. I am was shocked, how great guitar comes together.
If you know perfect what you want, the best way is luthier build, or quality partcaster procejt.

Fender is able to build you extrem detailed whishes, but the price is out of the world. We are talking about bolt on guitars…

Nice man, I’ve done a few Warmoth/MJT builds, kept my 3rd and still digging it 3 years later. MJT does great work.

Dig this too, nice specs!

Back