Warmoth Tele Paul build

drewiv

I was sifting through my endless supply of crap and found I had pretty much everything I needed to build a guitar, with the exception of a neck, body, neckplate and screws. Instead of trying to sell all of it, I decided to build a guitar. Here's the parts.

I had to change the Humbucker cover to chrome. ^

Looked at some Warmoth stuff and decided on this. I let my wife pick out the body, with some constraints, and I like her choice. The body is Black Korina. The neck is Rosewood, standard thin profile, with SS 6100 frets.

Just finished assembly last night. It came out damn nice, IMHO.

Looks awesome, I'm building a Tele at the moment as well, built the body myself, and bought the neck. Definitely a lot more fun when you out your own work into it! My build thread is still going if you want to check it out.

Here's the link
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=182125

That looks awesome !!! I want a white one like that, humbucker in the bridge and a Tele neck up in the neck.

That my friend is one sexy fuckin axe! Congrats!

I struggled between black limba and swamp ash on my recently ordered Kiesel and wound up going swamp ash on this one because I like how their antique ash treatment finish looks.

My next build will be black limba :thumbsup:

that came out great ! I love the looks of it, and it is definitely different than the normal tele build.

That does look really slick. Tell us how it sounds!

And +1 for the Lite. I don't trust anybody that doesn't like cheap beer.

rickenbacker198":m1t3kual said:
How's the sound of the woods together?
mooncobra":m1t3kual said:
how does it sound?
squealie":m1t3kual said:
Tell us how it sounds!
It sounds great! I love the feel of a bare rosewood/pau ferro neck and this one does not disappoint. The pickups sound great in this wood combo and there will be no messing around with this one.

chumbucket":m1t3kual said:
Gibson or Fender scale ?
Fender scale.

squealie":m1t3kual said:
And +1 for the Lite. I don't trust anybody that doesn't like cheap beer.
:cheers:

Oh, and thanks for all the compliments! It came out better than expected for a "parts lying around" guitar.

Back