Washburns Dimebag Signature Guitars

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Back in the 90s I used to get Washburn guitar catalogs and would marvel at all the different Dimebag Signature guitars. It surprises me that there are not that many floating around for sale these days.

Was Washburn just not making/selling that many? Rarely ever see them come up for sale.

Thoughts?

I have only ever seen one pop up in this state. wished I would have got it. Not sure how many they made but I have never laid eyes on one. Martin(rottingcorpse) is the only guy I know that even has any of them. He has a custom shop southern cross that puts me in the rut every time I see it.

I don't see them that often anymore here in DFW.
I got to play the camo Trendkill guitar that was on the cover of Guitar World with Zakk n Dime.
That was right after the mag came out. Happy memory.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220610-172634.png
    Screenshot_20220610-172634.png
    698.6 KB · Views: 53
I've seen the numbers. Washburn just didn't sell a lot of them.
Both the guitars and Dime himself were polarizing. You either loved them or hated them. And most guitarist didn't like the ML shape.
Hell,it was well over a year and a half from announcing his endorsement to the first imports showing up.
And the USA models were even more rare than the imports.
I wish I had kept them all,but most of them were just ok and I kept the best playing and sounding ones.
Not to mention the first/second generation models got cracks in the neck joints rather quickly.
Not to mention quality control toward the end. Who the fuck authorized the two screw "bolt in" neck stealth? Total junk.

I will never forget august 31st 2015 I was looking at guitar center used and there was a usa dimeslime d3 for 300 dollars. I had the fan on my house a.c. go out and the repair man was knocking on my door bit I couldnt answer because I was trying to remember my guitarcenter password.After tax it was 335 dollars. Was one of my dream guitars but had to sell to a guy in long island for 3000 to pay off credit card debt. It was listed as washburn green slimeball. They did not know what they had, it was a 95 with only a razorblade and serial on back headstock.

I've seen the numbers. Washburn just didn't sell a lot of them.
Both the guitars and Dime himself were polarizing. You either loved them or hated them. And most guitarist didn't like the ML shape.
Hell,it was well over a year and a half from announcing his endorsement to the first imports showing up.
And the USA models were even more rare than the imports.
I wish I had kept them all,but most of them were just ok and I kept the best playing and sounding ones.
Not to mention the first/second generation models got cracks in the neck joints rather quickly.
Not to mention quality control toward the end. Who the fuck authorized the two screw "bolt in" neck stealth? Total junk.

I was never impressed with them.
I'm somewhat surprised to hear they're going for big $. Unobtainium. Drives up prices on all the gear, even those crappy 1 watt Marshalls. :)

Spot on,7 stringer. I let 2 usa crosses go(one black back and one natural)and kept the quilt cross proto. It wasn't just me that knew it was better...,juggernaut,dwisted and hellbound all agreed. Plus I got a kick ass Harley for one of the usa crosses. Of course I wish I had kept them all. I had several of the boogie street variants and several funky munky ones too. The boogie street black with abalone lightning bolts was so badass. Unfinished maple neck,super hard to find now. Hellbound and I were waxing poetic about these guitars recently. I even had the first funky munky slime prototype and sent it off to get a rust paint job done on it. Wonder if I have pics of it somewhere...

Spot on,7 stringer. I let 2 usa crosses go(one black back and one natural)and kept the quilt cross proto. It wasn't just me that knew it was better...,juggernaut,dwisted and hellbound all agreed. Plus I got a kick ass Harley for one of the usa crosses. Of course I wish I had kept them all. I had several of the boogie street variants and several funky munky ones too. The boogie street black with abalone lightning bolts was so badass. Unfinished maple neck,super hard to find now. Hellbound and I were waxing poetic about these guitars recently. I even had the first funky munky slime prototype and sent it off to get a rust paint job done on it. Wonder if I have pics of it somewhere...
I have pictures of them somewhere. I'll see if I can find them and I'll post em up for ya.

Hell yeah man, you know your Washburn 's man😈

I wish i would of bought some back when they came out, but i was so obsessed with Dean's and was mad that Dime wasn't playing Dean's anymore and ignored Washburn!!!!🤣🤣🤣

I ll never sell this one.

Back