watcha drinkin' ?

311splawndude

So...similar to What's Cooking?

I like whisky, bourbon, gin, scotch, and beer or course. (moving to gluten free beer)

So what do you have going? What is your fav and what is your weekend staples?

I posted this in my Slipknot thread back in the Fall but this is a good kick off.

Slipknot's No 9 Small Batch Iowa Whiskey :yes:

TDl6U8fl.jpg

...and I got a picture and signed bottle :D

311splawndude":1277hbls said:
Löwenbräu is great! :cheers:
Glad you appreciate it, man.

Clean, no honky mid-range peaks, fine bubbles and not-too-gassy.

Only caveat is you gotta use a stubby holder or sumpin' 'cause if it warms up too-quickly, which it can 'cause the bottle's slim, that perfect amount of gas and very-mild bite is lost, and there's nowhere to go from there 'cause it's just-on-the-edge when freshly-opened.

Hope that makes sense...

Yeah, I haven't tried gluten-free beer. Honestly man, I wouldn't worry about that. Gluten is an issue these days 'cause the flour we buy and that's used in pre-made products is 6 months->2 years old. Simple as that. If you grind wheat yourself, it's not an issue and is in fact good for you. Same story as a lot of foodstuffs that have the life ripped out of them.

Platinum 7 vodka. Smooth as water. :yes:

Cats love it as well. :LOL: :LOL:
(Joke joke)

Attachments

• 91B85D8B-FD35-428F-A774-47571146632C.jpeg
    91B85D8B-FD35-428F-A774-47571146632C.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,273
Since Christmas..had, had being the operative word (got to hit the ABC store, and soon)..1/3 bottle Bookers, Angels Envy, Basil Haydens, 1/3 bottle Woodford Double Oaked, EH Taylor. Small Batch..down to my last bottle, and its this, shit is glorious!:

Attachments

• 60393360811__A739FE9E-6056-4C58-B7BF-128106183D2B.jpg
    60393360811__A739FE9E-6056-4C58-B7BF-128106183D2B.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,240
MrDowntown":zk1fhjjc said:
Since Christmas..had, had being the operative word (got to hit the ABC store, and soon)..1/3 bottle Bookers, Angels Envy, Basil Haydens, 1/3 bottle Woodford Double Oaked, EH Taylor. Small Batch..down to my last bottle, and its this, shit is glorious!:

Do you like it more than Bookers?

311splawndude":2nizojju said:
Love me some Woodford Reserve and Angel's Envy. Need to get me some Buf Trace

Buff trace is VERY hard to come-by down here....for some reason. Used to, you couldn't get it in NC, which made it "that much better". :LOL: :LOL:

curious to see if you have at your local shops...where ever you are.

Dick Butter Nuts":3928dwpm said:
MrDowntown":3928dwpm said:

Do you like it more than Bookers?

i'd say no... don't like it more. For the $$ it's hard to beat...only like 30$ (where i am) for a fifth. bookers is more high end whiskey, probably not fair to compare, if you catch my drift.

Buff Trace is only about 45% (IIRC), Bookers is in that 62-64% range... both very good, but not really the same sips...

if you can get it, and you're on a budget, Buff Trace won't let you down. i'd buy it and take it to a party to let people sip, and wouldn't feel bad... Bookers, Colonel EH Taylor, even my Double Oaked...meh, that stays with me at home, and shared only with the folks that can enjoy a good whiskey, no ice...just a heavy glass :yes:

Now this is my kinda thread.

Bourbon mostly. Old Grandad 114, Wild Turkey 101, lots of bottled in bond (100 proof). But when I feel like splurging, it's Islay scotch all the way. Cask strength when possible. My personal favorite:

Though any of the Ardbegs, Bowmores, Lagavulins, or Laphroaigs are terrific. For cheaper, Laphroaig Quarter Cask, or Triple Wood get the job done.

Attachments

• laphroaig.jpg
    laphroaig.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,173
nightflameauto":1ywz4e0f said:
Now this is my kinda thread.

Bourbon mostly. Old Grandad 114, Wild Turkey 101, lots of bottled in bond (100 proof). But when I feel like splurging, it's Islay scotch all the way. Cask strength when possible. My personal favorite:

Though any of the Ardbegs, Bowmores, Lagavulins, or Laphroaigs are terrific. For cheaper, Laphroaig Quarter Cask, or Triple Wood get the job done.

yes sir...love a good scotch.

oddly i don't buy a lot of it...just the ole'southern boy in me i suppose; i gravitate to bourbon(s)

what you posted, is it (super) smokey? seems a bud of mine a bottle of that, IIRC and it was almost too smokey, and i love smoke.

Back