We Posted a Music Video You Can't Share!

BeZo

We posted our new music video on Friday. We were all excited. It was supposed to go up as a single on all of the streaming and download platforms also, but it hasn't come up yet. I'm sure they are just backlogged with submissions, and it'll go up eventually. In the meantime we have a new video up. Yay!

Fast forward to band practice last night, and we are underwhelmed by the response. We hot a resounding positive responce on our social posts, but it seems that all of the reposts were dead. It then occurred to me that the subject matter might be the culprit here. See, the song is about the pandemic and paranoia that defined 2020. Could the video be deliberately buried because we say "COVID-19" in the song? Could social media algorithms be preventing the spread of our music video to prevent "misinformation"?

...or do we just suck?

Love it!!! Very creative, was waiting for the heavies but they never came and surprisingly enough, I enjoyed it just the same!!! Great job!

The views on your video in 5 days are around a third of the views on the last video you posted on your channel from 2019-- that looks like pretty good numbers to me? What do your "See Insights" look like on your last couple of posts on Facebook? I scrolled a bit and it looks like your last post is your 2nd most active post this year and the 4th or 5th most active post in the last year

The problem is that we want to push it out and grow, but the Facebook algorithms are preventing people from reposting it. That leaves only the first generation of viewers so to speak. Anyone who reposts it to a second generation of viewers has their post blocked because Facebook is actively censoring COVID-19 content.

Back