Weber 2 amp head switcher & Z matcher review

mixohoytian

Not much of a reviewer, but just wanted let you know both these items worked out really well and can get the job done on a limited budget
the weber z matcher gets my 4 ohm amp to match a 16 ohm cab
sounds great, the mismatched thing is really obvious once you get one of these
$100

the weber 2 amp 1 cab head switcher is cool
$150
I can have to amps into 1 cab, the one not being use stays in a 200 watt dummy load
sending a cable from the footswitch to the gcx (or any loop controller) gets me the ability to change amp heads into 1 cab plus change the input to the amps all at once

I did not want to get the headbone switcher cause it has a delay and it controls your input as well
the idea of using the headbone switcher and the gcx just seemed too weird

I Like having everything as normal with inputs
and then dealing with the amp to cab switching post power

anyways, getting these 2 products, I sorta got what others get with expensive custom made amp switchers
and you can always take out all the components and put them into a single space rack....like the guys that charge $800 or more.....

fuzzyguitars":3t7uag51 said:
i would love to see you rack it.

take pics when you do it!

I wouldn't
but I have a tech guy at work who said he would do it no prob
actually, since I bought the weber stuff, he opened up each one and made a wiring diagram...he could prob make me one for a fraction of the cost

I'm not an electronics guy, but he seems to think he could put it all in a rack, in a blank chasis, drill holes etc...

those $800 + amp switchers are probably a fraction to build compared the selling cost

Very cool man. I use the Tonebone and it works for me, never noticed a delay :confused: It makes sense to use the Weber if ur using the Voodoo gcx though. Man, I never knew the voodoo thingy existed. That thing looks like it is the answer to all my bitches. Never did like tap dancing. This is one reason why I like my Invader, It is midi controllable. One button push to achieve the changes I want. But now that u have showed me the gcx, I have options. :rock:

Back