weed is now legal in nj

I often wonder if they legalize it in my state if I would partake. Haven't decided. My wife never has and will never do it and about 4 or 5 years ago my kids gave me hell about smoking a cigar. Seems my opportunities would be pretty rare. Even so, its been 20 years...why go back?

I noticed the string action on my guitar is a little high.🌿☮️

a46f8798cf852d0a9ce0ce928c002ce3.jpg

I love Peter Tosh!

Saw him live when I was about 14. :LOL: Went to the concert alone 'cause my friends were only into hard rock and didn't get my taste for many different genres.

My problem with it is that it’s known to be a gateway drug for heavier stuff. It’s legal in DC and a lot of it makes it’s way up here in MD. I never could understand how anyone could like it, I can’t tell the difference between a rotting skunks ass or if someone is smoking a joint in traffic. It all smells the same.

They’ve also connected negative brain matter changes and developmental degradation to weed now that it’s more prolific and legal to study in some states. As always alcohol in excess is no better, but I don’t drink or do either.

My problem with it is that it’s known to be a gateway drug for heavier stuff. It’s legal in DC and a lot of it makes it’s way up here in MD. I never could understand how anyone could like it, I can’t tell the difference between a rotting skunks ass or if someone is smoking a joint in traffic. It all smells the same.

They’ve also connected negative brain matter changes and developmental degradation to weed now that it’s more prolific and legal to study in some states. As always alcohol in excess is no better, but I don’t drink or do either.
Problem is that you can find “studies” with any outcome you desire. Be it pro, con, or neutral. Look at who commissioned the studies you refer to, was it funded by a group affiliated with the alcohol industry? Just saying. A lot of the glowing studies are funded by… weed growers. Funny how that works.

As far as “gateway”, Nancy Reagan called. She wants her phrase back. I have smoked weed since 1983. Never progressed to “harder drugs”. For that matter weed has kept me away from alcohol. With weed if you overdo it, you just eat all the ice cream in your freezer. Overdo alcohol and you are either hung over and useless for a whole day or in the hospital (depending how much you over did it).

You see, the progression in addiction is not the fault of the substances, it is the person. A person with addicitive tendencies will “progress” no matter where or what they start using. So if “progression” is your concern, then total prohibition is the only answer. We saw how “well” that worked circa 1930.

Last edited:
If it’s illegal it will be used to make a profit by someone - government or a gang (fines, taxes, etc). Would you rather they deal cocaine in your neighborhood or weed?

You also can’t use the fallacy that you didn’t progress to harder drugs, so it’s a fit for all weed smokers. People struggle with addiction in many forms and not just what is smoked. Colorado has raked in millions in taxes from making it legal - it’s only forcing gangs to shift to harder much more dangerous things into our streets. You’re probably thinking then it’s a gang issue, solve it with a police force. But then it becomes political, because that’s exactly what state governments have been trying to do, but the same people that support legal drugs likely do not also support local police presence to curtail crime.

How many times have you heard fentanyl in the news lately? 10 years ago no one knew what it was. You’ll continue to see the paradigm shift as this progresses. In the mean time I enjoy not having to smell second hand skunk ass near my house or sitting in traffic.

Last edited:
If it’s illegal it will be used to make a profit by someone - government or a gang (fines, taxes, etc). Would you rather they deal cocaine in your neighborhood or weed?

You also can’t use the fallacy that you didn’t progress to harder drugs, so it’s a fit for all weed smokers. People struggle with addiction in many forms and not just what is smoked. Colorado has raked in millions in taxes from making it legal - it’s only forcing gangs to shift to harder much more dangerous things into our streets. You’re probably thinking then it’s a gang issue, solve it with a police force. But then it becomes political, because that’s exactly what state governments have been trying to do, but the same people that support legal drugs likely do not also support local police presence to curtail crime.

How many times have you heard fentanyl in the news lately? 10 years ago no one knew what it was. You’ll continue to see the paradigm shift as this progresses. In the mean time I enjoy not having to smell second hand skunk ass near my house or sitting in traffic.
Funny you would bring up fallacies the spout a series of fallacies.

You aren’t to fix this with any controls or regulation. The issue is people. People don’t comply.

As I said, the only answer is prohibition. See previous paragraph for what I think of that.

So since you presumed to have an entire conversationwith “me“ all by yourself, I will state what I think. I think people should do what they will so long as they don’t harm others. I don’t think what I or anyone else does is your business if they aren’t hurting you. If they harms others, they should be held accountable. If someone comes onto my 120+ acres of land looking for trouble, they will find it. It is people like you with the agendas who want to “help” who are the problem.

Youre not going to loop me in with the left wing liberal nutjobs so don’t bother trying.

Let’s get one thing very clear. I don’t want to help anyone. Fuck everyone. I am more likely to help a dog in need than another person. Too many people take advantage of nice people these days for free handouts they don’t deserve.

And even if you did extend help for those in need, the majority don’t even want to help themselves. Most have no hobbies, no career path, no ambition, no drive, and would rather do drugs, whether legal or not, their entire lives.

I want gangs off my streets and I want to sit on my back porch not smelling weed. You can drink all you want and never bother another person nearby.

I’d also like to be able to carry a gun anywhere I want for protection of my family but that’s a whole different topic.

Every one of these will never happen because fuck everyone is the same mentality others have as well. So do I want to help everyone? No. Not in this lifetime. Kids and dogs are all that deserve any form of help - the rest are on their own.

Last edited:
Youre not going to loop me in with the left wing liberal nutjobs so don’t bother trying.

Let’s get one thing very clear. I don’t want to help anyone. Fuck everyone. I am more likely to help a dog in need than another person. Too many people take advantage of nice people these days for free handouts they don’t deserve.

And even if you did extend help for those in need, the majority don’t even want to help themselves. Most have no hobbies, no career path, no ambition, no drive, and would rather do drugs, whether legal or not, their entire lives.

I want gangs off my streets and I want to sit on my back porch not smelling weed. You can drink all you want and never bother another person nearby.

I’d also like to be able to carry a gun anywhere I want for protection of my family but that’s a whole different topic.

Every one of these will never happen because fuck everyone is the same mentality others have as well. So do I want to help everyone? No. Not in this lifetime. Kids and dogs are all that deserve any form of help - the rest are on their own.
If you don’t want any effect from your neigbors you need land. If you live on a quarter acre and think you are living in an inviolate cone of privacy your expectations and reality are misaligned. You are fully entangled. Only time I am even aware of my neighbors is when they are shooting. Even then… don’t gaf what they are doing.

Lolz btw. You started off talking gateway drugs. Then threw out a sensationalist dystopian vision of wild gangs roaming the streets and hocking hard drugs only to find that the real reason your panties are all bunched up is because you don’t want to smell weed.:ROFLMAO:

You have the right to expect that your neighbors will not bring harm upon you. Smelling weed hardly harms anyone and I think most anyone but the most sensitive of souls would appreciate that.

What happens when someone grills something you don’t like, do your neighbors have to avoid pork ribs so not to upset your delicate sensitivities?

Sure your neighbor doesn’t smell your liquor but they do hear your conversation as you and your friends get progressively louder as you get more drunk. Skunky assault on the olfactory senses is where you draw the line but obnoxious drunken yelling is a go?:rolleyes:

Land & distance makes for great neighbors, not nimby rules. If you can’t afford land and have to settle for urban/sub-urban density then that is your problem not your neighbors. You have to adapt to the life you can afford.

Here in Maine we have had legal weed for decades, constitutional carry (we can both open and concealed carry without a permit), and as with most rural communities in the US a prescription opiod problem. You don’t see people wandering the streets with ARs or AKs hanging from their neck, no roving gangs pushing drugs on little Suzie, and we have the lowest crime rate in the US… both by raw numbers and per capita. We also only have ~1,000,000 people statewide, plenty of space for people. So again I say the problem is people not substances, or guns, or whatever thing people use to try to control their neighbors.

You completely invalidated yourself by talking circles around your true motivation. Bye felicia, you are a flyby on this thread going forward.

Last edited:
A person with addicitive tendencies will “progress” no matter where or what they start using.
Correct weight, brother. :thumbsup:

What happens when someone grills something you don’t like, do your neighbors have to avoid pork ribs so not to upset your delicate sensitivities?
Incredibly, this became a current-affairs "issue" here in the DPRV last year in that it was discussed at-length on talkback radio. Vegetarians and vegans complaining that neighbours' BBQ'ing of animal products offended them. :loco: :LOL:

I've been vegan since the mid '80s, a choice I made decades before it became "popular" (most folks hadn't even heard of the word), and a path I undertook due to health challenges the medicos were unable to help me with. IOW, it wasn't an animal-rights, political or virtue-signalling decision but one borne out of my desire to survive. Back in those days and for decades henceforth it took a brave individual to tread that path; social chastisement came in all flavours and from all angles, but I did what I had to do.

To this day I love the tastes and smells of cooking and cooked meat. Just once a year I get to enjoy all the food prepared by my sister at Christmas time. Every mouthful is tastier than you could imagine 'cause my taste buds / brain are accustomed to rabbit food. Heck, even a French fry tastes like gourmet food to me, so yeah, you can only imagine what the Christmas stuff tastes like. Friggin' awesome! :inlove: :cheers2:

In reality for the most part people that smoke weed were smoking before their state legalized. And the amount of weed that leaves legal states to non legal states is mind boggling. More leaves than stays cause thats still where the real big money still lies.

Correct weight, brother. :thumbsup:

Incredibly, this became a current-affairs "issue" here in the DPRV last year in that it was discussed at-length on talkback radio. Vegetarians and vegans complaining that neighbours' BBQ'ing of animal products offended them. :loco: :LOL:

I've been vegan since the mid '80s, a choice I made decades before it became "popular" (most folks hadn't even heard of the word), and a path I undertook due to health challenges the medicos were unable to help me with. IOW, it wasn't an animal-rights, political or virtue-signalling decision but one borne out of my desire to survive. Back in those days and for decades henceforth it took a brave individual to tread that path; social chastisement came in all flavours and from all angles, but I did what I had to do.

To this day I love the tastes and smells of cooking and cooked meat. Just once a year I get to enjoy all the food prepared by my sister at Christmas time. Every mouthful is tastier than you could imagine 'cause my taste buds / brain are accustomed to rabbit food. Heck, even a French fry tastes like gourmet food to me, so yeah, you can only imagine what the Christmas stuff tastes like. Friggin' awesome! :inlove: :cheers2:
Dude, I think this is a great approach! You do your thing l, everyone else does their thing, and there is respect of others and what makes them happy. It is a recipe for a reasonably harmonious life IMO.

Your Christmas cheat day is freakin’ awesome.

Nothing wrong with vegetarianism either IMO. My wife and I have significantly increased the fruits, leafy greens, and vegetables in general that we eat. A typical meal for us is 2/3-3/4 vegetable matter and 1/3-1/4 meat and animal byproduct…. by weight.

One of our favorite vegetables is garlic sauteed snow pea tips. It is the leaves from the snow pea plant. Fantastic taste and very high in fiber.

Last edited:
Back