Weird situation regarding Egnater in Finland

Perttu

I went recently to a local dealer, who was going to be an official Egnater dealer in Finland. I asked when they were going to get any amps in the stock, because they had listed Renegades and other amps on their website for a long time but apparently they had not received any new besides couple of Rebels in last winter.

The guy told me that new Egnater amps (probably Renegades) lacked some European certificates and thus would not pass tests of Finland's Safety Technology Authority, although they are marked with CE. He told me that due to this, Egnater amps would not be allowed to be sold in Finland by any retailer, this dealer included.

I'm not claiming that Renegade or any other Egnater amp has any safety issue, just wondering whether this is really true.

Weird indeed.

Europe has become increasingly difficult to keep up with in recent years. Each country is making many of their own rules regarding certifications. Consequently, manufacturers must test and retest to meet, for example, Finlands EN60065 spec. When a product does not have the required certification for a particular country, this is not an indication of a safety issue. It is simply a matter of meeting the testing requirements of that country. It takes more time and money than you could imagine. We are checking into Findlands test requirements right now. Should have more information soon.

The guy told me that new Egnater amps (probably Renegades) lacked some European certificates
I don't know about Finland but Egnater amps are now sold in England,France,Holland,Germany,Belgium (Thoman) etc...

bruce egnater":37hi0cl7 said:
We are checking into Findlands test requirements right now. Should have more information soon.

Thanks for clarification!

viking22":37hi0cl7 said:
I don't know about Finland but Egnater amps are now sold in England,France,Holland,Germany,Belgium (Thoman) etc...
Yep, I've noticed the same. I guess Godlyd sells then in Norway. How about Sweden?

Perttu":1efkmijw said:
bruce egnater":1efkmijw said:
We are checking into Findlands test requirements right now. Should have more information soon.

Thanks for clarification!

viking22":1efkmijw said:
Yep, I've noticed the same. I guess Godlyd sells then in Norway. How about Sweden?

Mega Music is the distributor in Denmark and Sweden.

Back