Welcome Luxxtone Guitars!

King Guitar

Banned
Hey Guys,

Please welcome Jerry Bizon and Luxxtone guitars to Rig-Talk. Jerry has been a member for awhile but is just launching his own line of killer guitars with a vintage meets hot rod feel. I was fortunate enough to play these guitars while in Cali last week and they are spectacular, so much so I have Jerry building one for me as we speak. Here is the Cameron CCV clip with Mark Day playing a Luxxtone as well.

Jerry will be along soon to say hello and bring you guys up to speed on the new guitars.

logo.png

So what are prices and features for the guitars? Where is the Luxxtone webiste? It looks cool with the bomber graphics and shaped like a San Dimas.

Pricing is coming but Rob tells me in the $1800-$2300 range depending what it is and whats on it.

New Luxxtone guitars website being built but in the mean time here is Jerry's current parts/repair site: http://www.luxxtone.com/

Wow, very cool to have a sub-forum on Rig-Talk! I'll keep everybody posted on the new builds coming up, put up some pics as new ones are being built and answer whatever questions you might have. I'm really looking forward to you guys checking out the guitars and hopefully liking what we do. :D

The first round of prototypes were just delivered to Tone Merchants last week and we are still developing new models and tweaking designs. Pricing info and all those details is going to be handled by Tone Merchants, and the building and designing is being handled by us here at Luxxtone. So feel free to ask any questions you have on the guitars! Thanks!

quinnethan":2eys4nrz said:
Is the bomber a one piece Alder body?

It's actually a 2 piece alder body. It's also grain-textured, which you can't see in the photos. It's a process the bodies go through that raises the grains higher and textures the whole body like an old piece of driftwood....very cool! We can do one piece bodies for a small upcharge.

luxxtone":3ue5u5me said:
quinnethan":3ue5u5me said:
Is the bomber a one piece Alder body?

It's actually a 2 piece alder body. It's also grain-textured, which you can't see in the photos. It's a process the bodies go through that raises the grains higher and textures the whole body like an old piece of driftwood....very cool! We can do one piece bodies for a small upcharge.

In case you're interested, we're building a few more of those...but with different finish themes. Maybe doing a few more military ones too? One is going to feature the classic brass trem, originally used on the old Charvels back in the 70's. These are made by the same guy with the original tooling....super cool! The others will have an original German Floyd. The Gotohs are great too, but seems like most guys want the original Floyd, so that's what we're going to use. Most will also have a brass big block installed that we fabricate ourselves.

img20110217200011.jpg

img20110217195834.jpg

25533125.jpg

img20110221162759.jpg

That raised grain looks very nice. So what kind of patriotic themes do you have in mind? Anything with the American Flag?

quinnethan":7p1cf5vb said:
That raised grain looks very nice. So what kind of patriotic themes do you have in mind? Anything with the American Flag?

Thanks! No american flag stuff planned as of now. Just a few cool color combos, and maybe another military one or two. Lots of possibilities with these!

What are the neck shapes going to be like and fretboard radius?
Really digging the style and components on these guitars, nice work! :rock:

Shark Diver":i2q5a7s0 said:
Proto #2:
:)

luxxtone-1-1.jpg

Luxxtonebody.jpg

Signed by the Master:
JBLuxxtone.jpg

That guitar is pure awesomeness...
I got to check out the body and neck and was so stoked about it. The body's checking is super spidery, which isn't really vintage correct by any means, but it looks cool as shit, which we all know is far more important than vintage correctness. ;)

I have a Strat that Jerry fret dressed for me and tuned in and I can confidently say that it's my best playing guitar. His newest guitars aren't really my cup of tea, but for that particular cup of tea (floyd-y, charvel-y, san dimas-y), they are the best I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the other "vintage modified" instruments he has in the works, as well as a Les Paul Junior he is building for me.

And also he's the nicest guy on the planet who is amazingly good at what he does. :rock:

Travis":46dv1nkr said:
That guitar is pure awesomeness...
I got to check out the body and neck and was so stoked about it. The body's checking is super spidery, which isn't really vintage correct by any means, but it looks cool as shit, which we all know is far more important than vintage correctness. ;)

I have a Strat that Jerry fret dressed for me and tuned in and I can confidently say that it's my best playing guitar. His newest guitars aren't really my cup of tea, but for that particular cup of tea (floyd-y, charvel-y, san dimas-y), they are the best I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the other "vintage modified" instruments he has in the works, as well as a Les Paul Junior he is building for me.

And also he's the nicest guy on the planet who is amazingly good at what he does. :rock:

Thanks Travis! I should send you a check for the great review! You'll really dig the Strat that I'll be delivering on Wednesday. Aged olympic white over sunburst chopper HSS Strat, rosewood fretboard. Much more your style.

By the way, YOU are the man with amps! Thanks to your ideas, my Jet City amp at my house rules! Top notch! :rock:

bwgintegra":1930cr5e said:
What are the neck shapes going to be like and fretboard radius?
Really digging the style and components on these guitars, nice work! :rock:

The green guitar has a compound 10-14 radius, and a thin .78 to .83 neck profile. This will most likely be the neck profile for this style guitar. The black jag style has a 10-16 radius and the same back profile.

Most models will have a few choices of neck profiles, like Vintage C, Thin C, Slight V to C and Thin profile. We're getting that all figured out right now.

Back