"Well, it's finally time.... Selling my beloved amp". Really?!

So many of these guys. Their beloved amp is a common one, along with emergency medical bills, vet bills, taxes, etc. if you don’t like it, just say, “I didn’t get along with this amp.” I’m positive most sob story sales aren’t real sob stories. They are just trying to get someone to feel sorry for them. My favorite is the guy who is selling way above market price with a sob story hoping someone will pay like $800 more than average.

The guys who say, “it’s the best amp I’ve ever played,” are growing endless. Personally, if I come across an amp that’s so epic I recognize it as the best I’ve ever played, I am keeping it forever.

Of course, there are real emergencies sometimes, but I believe the majority are not. I automatically assume it’s bogus.

I have zero faith left in humanity as a whole. Especially recently with the current every man for himself attitude, record numbers of scammers and thieves, crime is running rampant, etc. This is disgusting.

Always wondered why the seller wouldn't just clean them, and make it a nullissue.
Same with "adhesive residue from sticker/velcro/etc. that should clean up just fine."
Yup..I just sold a pedal that still had residue from the price sticker the store used. Paper towel and a dab of rubbing alcohol, 7 seconds out of my day. i had put velcro on the bottom and I thought about it but didn’t know if someone would want the Velcro, so left it alone. Can always take it off if they ask.

Reactions: ZFG
Yup..I just sold a pedal that still had residue from the price sticker the store used. Paper towel and a dab of rubbing alcohol, 7 seconds out of my day. i had put velcro on the bottom and I thought about it but didn’t know if someone would want the Velcro, so left it alone. Can always take it off if they ask.
Velco is a pet peeve of mine.. I don't want someone's dog hair, cat hair and pubes on a pedal when I buy it. Most people that don't remove it are either lazy, or know it'll rip the paint off removing it.

Velco is a pet peeve of mine.. I don't want someone's dog hair, cat hair and pubes on a pedal when I buy it. Most people that don't remove it are either lazy, or know it'll rip the paint off removing it.
I never over do it. Just a dab’ll do ya. I’m the Dapper Dan of velcro.

I love it when sellers say something like neck heel or headstock repair and don't show a good picture of the repaired area. WTF
My favorite I’ve seen at least a couple times is the Gibson with repaired headstock break where they say it’s actually stronger now than it was before, almost trying to sell it as an upgrade. Also I’ve seen a lot of these repaired guitars lately where they are trying to sell them for top dollar, as if the repair shouldn’t negatively impact the value. It’s just a wacky.

Then there's MINT Condition..

Has fine polishing swirls, tiny cracks in the pick-up covers, one hairline crack in the binding near the 8th fret on the treble side, one tuning key was replaced with another brand, (hardly noticeable), very light finish checking near the neck joint, and a slight patina on the pick-up covers, bridge and tailpiece, but other than that, it's like new!

I have spent the past couple of years rebuying basically the same amps. I know what I like to have on hand. A Peavey 5150/6505. A Mesa Mark, a hotrodded marshall(Headfirst, Monomyth or ceriatone), and a KSR. I basically found the flavors I like right before covid but life keeps taking them away then I have to rebuy. But I absolutely hate selling stuff now cause everything that I have is stuff I love.

I always feel like every time I put cash only I get more trade offers than if I put I will only trade for X lol
I know you said you only wanted X, but will you take a half-eaten sandwich? It's been kept cool in my lunch pail all day so it's still good.

Back