What are your favorite pickups to use with Diezel amps?

Low-mid outputs are my favorite with the gain high on a VH4.
My favorites so far are the Railhammer Z-One pickups. Extremely balanced. This one is tuned E Flat or Drop C# with 11s.

https://railhammer.com/products/humcutter/billy-corgan-signature-z-one-bridge/
Details:
Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters are designed to have a fat midrange and a smooth top end. With the benefits of the Railhammer construction of oversized polepieces on the plain strings and blade polepieces under the wound strings, these pickups are perfectly suited for crisp clean tones all the way to the full-bore distortion of the heavier side of the Pumpkins catalogue. Balance, versatility, and superlative tone go hand in hand with Railhammer pickups, and the Z-One set is another shining example.

Model: BC2-B
K Ohms: 14.5
Wire Gauge: 43
Magnet: Ceramic

b5xjNft.jpg
So cool that you have Corgan's amp man. Got any clips with this exact setup?

Does anybody have experience with the L-500XL or L-500L in the bridge with your Diezel?
I guess the L-500L will work better since it has less output/beef.
Thinking about trying them out

Does anybody have experience with the L-500XL or L-500L in the bridge with your Diezel?
I guess the L-500L will work better since it has less output/beef.
Thinking about trying them out
I tried the L-500L and it works great!
They are very guitar (explorer in this case) dependant so YMMV, but since you will have no problem to fatten up a vintage singlecoil with your diezel, it's kind of a nobrainer the L-500s will work.

They have a certain cleaness and precision to the attack (you normally don't get with normal humbuckers) that's just addictive. EQ also seems pretty even, no big dips and spikes. I'll wait for the honeymoon phase to pass over, but then I actually might sell some other PUs.

Always played and recommended low/moderate output buckers with any Diezel.

That was until I played Rebel Yells.

Those are now installed on 2 of my main Lesters and I love how they sound with all amps - but especially my Diezels.

Always played and recommended low/moderate output buckers with any Diezel.

That was until I played Rebel Yells.

Those are now installed on 2 of my main Lesters and I love how they sound with all amps - but especially my Diezels.
Well, i tried and own some Bare Knuckles and that's one i am still interested, although with the current prices it's not fun to try anything anymore.
Isn't the Rebel Yell with it's upper mid dominance not like a tighter, clearer JB?
And if so, how different is it from the SD Perpertual Burn?

Interesting to see a couple of mentions of BKP Rebel Yells. My 2 most played guitars recently have BKP Nailbombs in the bridge (the alnico rather than ceramic variant). I love them with my Diezels, but have been very tempted to try Rebel Yells next time. What guitars are you using them in? I presume that's a Maybach Lester @Ventura (so mahogany LP-style)?

The Nailbombs are in a couple of mahogany Parker Niteflies. One also has a pair of Irish tour SCs, the other a Mothers Milk neck and a Supermassive middle. Think I prefer the Mothers Milks for my funky exploits, but still love the irish tours. If I had my time again I'd likely go for a slightly lower output P90 than the Supermassive.

Other shout outs to my Parker Fly Mojo with BKP Holy Diver and Mule. And the original set of JB/Jazz was always nice too. And I have another swamp ash Nitefly with BKP Crawler and pair of Mothers Milks. I very much like the Crawler, but not as much as the Nailbombs. But that guitar is noticeably brighter and less warm than the mahogany ones anyway, so not sure how much is the pickup and how much is the guitar (the MMs are brighter in that than the mahogany one too).

Recently I've been playing my Tele-style Southern Nitefly with BKPs 50s Blackguard tele set in it at home more. Sounds great, but wasn't sure it was quite what I wanted for my bands usual music, if it was punchy/fat enough, be too hummy, and it's got no wiggle stick. But took it to last practice, it sounded pretty great, so ended up gigging it for the first time last weekend. My g/f said it sounded great and had a bit more twang and cut through than usual. So maybe 50s vintage single coils are the future! But then equally my Hagen has been misbehaving recently (gonna try retube it first to see if that fixes the issue before bothering the forum or Peter), so I was using my Herbert with my 212FL with V30s to play it safe with the higher power 180W amp, rather than my usual recent 212RL with tone tubby hempcones. So some of that cut might be the speaker change as well/instead since the TTs are definitely a bit of a warmer/smoother sound.

Now that you mention the f50s.
had very bad luck with the Bare Knuckle The Boss Tele Bridge (I think to much lows and maybe low mids) and my VHX. The flat 50 works much better with my Diezel.

Back