What cabs and speakers do you like with the CCV?

DEWD

So what have you tried and what do you think sounds the best?

Anyone tried the V30/H30 combo with the CCV?

classic lead 80's if you like dark

H30 annys if you like bright...

thankyou... good night.... :LOL: :LOL:

i like a mix of both..

I Love the Cameron Cab With ALL CL80's.

That being said... I hate bright, and Love Bottom end... (In other things also :D )

I think the Best compromise is 2 CL80's / 2 H30's in an X-Pattern. This is what Nick is suggesting.

I've heard some of the best guitars sounds on Earth emanating from this setup! :rock:

Best,

RoidRAGE

Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup:

Psychodave - I call dibs on the Cameron cab if you decide to sell it. I'll pay you whatever you paid for it new plus shipping. :D

I run my CCV with two cabs:

1) Bogner straight with scumback M75's and H75's in an X pattern.

2) EVH cab with Weber 1225 Pre-rola clones.

psychodave":2hi9d8wy said:
DEWD":2hi9d8wy said:

Psychodave - I call dibs on the Cameron cab if you decide to sell it. I'll pay you whatever you paid for it new plus shipping. :D
Dibs was called by parntz. I still need to try different speakers first. :D

Did you try the x pattern like my cab?

It def has more bass response and is a darker sounding cabinet, which is why i like it ... did you remove the center post ... Mark and I went through all the cabs at his shop and agreed the one without the center post seemed to resonate and sing a little more... why? i have no clue , but my ears usually don't let me down...

psychodave":2jsymawg said:
DEWD":2jsymawg said:

Dibs was called by parntz. I still need to try different speakers first. :D

Damn....well if he decides not to take it, I will (if you sell it of course). :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":1keq5dnw said:
All 80's was cool, but very dark.

FWIW, all 80s in my Bogner cabs is on the bright side. I consider Bogner cabs to be a bit dark so it balances nicely. The Cameron cab must be super dark then.

psychodave":1yt1kb5p said:
thegame":1yt1kb5p said:
psychodave":1yt1kb5p said:
All 80's was cool, but very dark.

FWIW, all 80s in my Bogner cabs is on the bright side. I consider Bogner cabs to be a bit dark so it balances nicely. The Cameron cab must be super dark then.
Are Bogner cabs Marshall copies? The 80's in a Marshall cab sound killer.

Not copies at all, though most think they are. Bigger dimensions, fixed baffle, different wood joints, birch back all differentiate Bogners from Marshalls. Did you find out which cone ver. your 80s are ?

Man you guys weren't kidding. I put H30's and CL80's x'ed in my Bogner 4x12 straight and holy smokes. I don't have my CCV yet but that is indeed a killer combo with my current amps. It's much more articulate all around w/ a ton more low end than the H30/V30 combo I was running before. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to try the CCV with it. :rock:

Back