What DAW/Computer/Drums you guys using?

mooncobra

I made the mistake of getting ableton after my brother told me how unbelievable it is.

Easily the worst DAW I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t like the ox box either. I got a razer blade advanced a couple years ago but I’m ready to go back to Apple. Screw it.

I think I’m going to get the Mac studio. Anyone have one? How do you like it?

Thinking of trying Luna and if that still has issues go to logic. Luna definitely has some awesome aspects to it.

Anyone using Luna?

What drum app you using? Superior drummer has some good sounds ive heard.

What other drum programs sound good?

Pro Tools on Mac pro. Been using it for so long I don't think I could change now if I wanted to.

I find I can do most of what I need with Slate and EZ-Drummer. Honestly they can all be made to sound excellent - it's more about workflow, the UI, cost etc.

I recently switched from Pro Tools to Ableton, but haven't liked it as much (maybe just never taken the time to learn beyond basics). Debating switching back.

I recently switched from Pro Tools to Ableton, but haven't liked it as much (maybe just never taken the time to learn beyond basics). Debating switching back.
M

I hated ableton. It’s not economical at all, a lot going on, etc. logic and pro tools make sense and the workflow is economical and fairly quick, and also it’s logical when using. Ableton was a bummer.

Studio one/reaper
Superior drummer 3
All running on windows 10.

Last edited:
Logic on a Mac Mini M1. I use the Logic drummer if I’m trying to get ideas out quickly, but replace them with EZ Drummer. I have a handful of expansions and MIDI packs so I can use the “tap to find” feature to find the proper beat. I rarely edit beats by hand anymore, because I’m only doing this to make demos and write songs for my bands. I have Superior Drummer and agree that it’s too much. I want to work quickly, not tweak every tiny detail.

As a Mac user, Logic can not be beaten for the price. You get the DAW plus a lot of effects, pitch and timing correction tools etc for like 200 bucks. It‘s everything you need to get started when producing Music.

For Drums I use EZ drummer. Look out for deals when buying VSTs on Black Friday etc.

M1 Mac mini and Logic with Logic drummer. I have Superior Drummer and it is ok, hate the snare sounds. Logic Drummer is great for getting ideas together, great workflow for me.

I run Cubase Artist 10, EZdrummer 2 on Win10. Silky smooth but I'm used to Cubase. Lots of folks don't like it but an LT version came with my first interface so it's what I learned and stuck with

Cubase and Getgood Drums Aggressive Rock

Here's what it sounds like in conjunction with Slate's Trigger on the snare and kick.

Reaper - simple and clean though can also be as crazy as you want it. I send tracks out through console so try to treat it as glorified tape machine.

SD3 - definitely overkill because I ended up using a very basic kit and am not a fan of the cymbals.

Slate trigger sometimes to replace snare ( good trick to fight machine gun effect) but stacking snares in SD3 also works.

Back