What is the darkest song you know?

Purpleibby":11gt9hv1 said:
Evil, Creepy, powerful:

+1 for Venom's at War with Satan. I bought the album Black Metal back in 83' I think it was. Vinyl back then and I remember feeling like I needed to go to church after my first listen. There was even some backwards shit at the end of the record, which when spun backwards said 'I will return!' Even though they could be sloppy, these guys pioneered and pegged the creepy Black scene into what it was to later become. Lots of evil, creepy tunes from these guys like 'Seven Gates of Hell', 'Buried Alive', 'At War with Satan' (one of their best tunes ever). No one can unleash a blood curdling scream like Cronos. Great band man ( original lineup that is). Funny too, is when you see vids of these dudes off stage, they are just a really cool bunch of booze drinking guys

The song "BLACK SABBATH"
It was the very first tune i ever heard that sounded like it was out of a horror film
and the fact it was written in 1970 makes me think WTF? :yes:
that was still the hippie years :LOL: :LOL:

mctallica1":295cpf1p said:
Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

This. Not metal or anything, but man, is it dark considering he passed on a year later. Any Nine Inch Nails stuff is pretty dark and gets my vote- I had to trade Downward Spiral with a friend when I was a kid after I got it because I found it too depressing, lol. Alice in Chains' "Dirt" album has a lot of dark stuff on it too. Opeth's "The Grand Conjuration" gave me the creeps when I first heard it:

Back