What is your favorite chorus pedal that can do 100% Wet and 0% Dry?

mrmega

Hey everybody. I am designing my new touring board and I am looking for recommendations for a chorus pedal that isn't Boss (never could gel with their compact chorus pedals) that is capable of a 100% Wet and a 0% Dry signal. What do you like and why?

Thanks!

Hey everybody. I am designing my new touring board and I am looking for recommendations for a chorus pedal that isn't Boss (never could gel with their compact chorus pedals) that is capable of a 100% Wet and a 0% Dry signal. What do you like and why?

Thanks!
Eventide H9. Recommended because it fits your requirements

100% wet chorus is called vibrato. I'm not familiar with a lot of vibrato pedals. My preference is the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe.

100% wet chorus is called vibrato. I'm not familiar with a lot of vibrato pedals. My preference is the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe.
defined by mixing the wet signal with the dry.
Hey, thanks for the reply. A vibrato pedal doesn't utilize a delay like a chorus does, does it?

I need a chorus pedal that can not only be used "conventionally" but also set for 100% wet :)

Last edited:
I’m not sure I’m understanding the question but if your saying a wet/dry signal like Eddie has I would check out the Eve tide pedal. It gives your guitar width and it can be used as a chorus.
Don’t know if this is what your seeking.

I’m not sure I’m understanding the question but if your saying a wet/dry signal like Eddie has I would check out the Eve tide pedal. It gives your guitar width and it can be used as a chorus.
Don’t know if this is what your seeking.

Thanks, I will look into that one :)

I need a chorus pedal that will function as a chorus in the effects loop when I am using one amp rig where I can set the mix at 50% so I get the maximum chorus effect.

When I am using a two amp rig I need to set it to a 100% wet and 0% dry so when combines with the other completely unaffected amp it creates the maximum chorus effect.

Being able to control the mix is what I am after, So a mix or a blend knob that controls how much wet and how much dry signal is present would be great.

The Boss CE-5 gives a split signal, Output A has the chorus signal Output B has the dry signal to run a biamp system as you are describing. You can choose how much % wet you want on Output A 0%-100%. This is how Zakk Wylde used to run his live tone on some tours. Output A( Chorus) went to one Marshall and Output B(Dry) went to a second Marshall JCM800 amp. The Boss CE-5 has a nice chorus you can choose analog bucket brigade models or the later digital models. Some prefer the all analog. This would be the simplest unit IMHO.

You could also look into the Boss MD500 where you can rout two signals setup to what you want, dry and chorused. I've heard some great clips of the MD500 and owing the DD500 which I really like the MD500 probably isn't a slouch either.

If you love that 80's 90's chorusy verging on detune then maybe an Eventide Micropitch mentioned earlier.

I have been very happy with my Boss CE-5 circa 2001 which is an early digital model and it sounds great to me and simple to use.

Thanks! This one looks promising too. I will check out the clips tonight :)
Its pretty cool. You can plug it into the computer and change all kinds of settings. 0% to 100% mix, and you can set it if you want true stereo, dual mono, etc.. and true or buffered bypass. You can also load in sounds from their Flanger and Phaser pedals in the series.

Its pretty cool. You can plug it into the computer and change all kinds of settings. 0% to 100% mix, and you can set it if you want true stereo, dual mono, etc.. and true or buffered bypass. You can also load in sounds from their Flanger and Phaser pedals in the series.
Those are great features ot have, especially for tweakers.

Thank you to everyone for all the replies. I've been checking out clips and reading specs.

The Walrus Audio Julia and the Triavatar TA-2H are cool. I found another one I really like. It's the Drunk beaver Jellyfish, I don't know much about that company and there doesn't seem to be much online about them either.

I know you said no Boss but the CE-5 is simple and seemed to fit what you wanted.

The Boss MD500 is a true stereo pedal and you can route the signals how ever you want and set the % wet wherever you desire and the alogrithms are top notch almost rack quality IMHO at least with the DD500 that I have.

Here's a MD500 Chorus W/D/W by ACEV here on the board.

Enjoy the search... alot of great chorus stuff out there to choose from.:2thumbsup:

Last edited:
I know you said no Boss but the CE-5 is simple and seemed to fit what you wanted.

The Boss MD500 is a true stereo pedal and you can route the signals how ever you want and set the % wet wherever you desire and the alogrithms are top notch almost rack quality IMHO at least with the DD500 that I have.

Here's a MD500 Chorus W/D/W by ACEV here on the board.

Enjoy the search... alot of great chorus stuff out there to choose from.:2thumbsup:

Thanks for the recommendations. Killer tone in the video :cool:

I own a DD-500 and MD-500. The chorus actually sounds pretty good. It's a very versatile pedal with a lot of control. I usually use analog. But digital gives a lot more control. I usually use a Boss CE-2w. The outputs are wet / dry.

Last edited:
Back