What makes this amplifier coughing sound? (clip)

It sounds like you are playing your guitar using your neck pickup and not your bridge pickup with the tone control all the way off. Also ,you have some wires crossed some where in your set up or maybe the power running from the house ? I would at least get a noise gate of some sort. I would try backing off the low end on your amp. Is that a B-52 cab? If so get rid of it ASAP they are crap. I have personally heard these and it is never good. It sounds like the amp is pushing the speakers hard and it is making that woofing sound because your cab can not handle the low end . Try getting a better cab first. You can find good cabs for cheap. If you can find an older cab with good speakers in it you can pick one up for a few hundred dollars.

sorry, my english is not native so I don't know the correct word for it.

When he is chugging at the beginning, it is that low end "pop", that is well defined, fat and sharp.
Like the amp is going "blop" "blop" "blop" and spitting at the same time. (sorry for bad wording)

I know what you're talking about. It's just the guy trying to palm mute or maybe he's muting the strings a bit with his left hand and ranking with his right a bit. That and the video camera's mic is just crap. And he has the EQ on his amp set so it's super muddy.

Back