WHAT!? Okay, I'm now interested in Solar

Ibanez are guitars for people with tiny hands who think Joe Satriani is NEAT and mayonnaise is spicy.
tim-henson2.gif

paul-stanley2.gif

...and successful guitarists too. just not for neanderthals.

So talentless hacks? Perfect. Now which EBMM is comparable in price and specs to this Solar Marcus Siepen? I'm really curious because I've never seen anything remotely specced like this in any other brand. And no, a trash ibanez edge bridge is not "specced" like the solar
No EBMM with an evertune; not many options at $1499, I thought his sig was Made in Europe, guess not. Enjoy your Solar.

No EBMM with an evertune; not many options at $1499, I thought his sig was Made in Europe, guess not. Enjoy your Solar.

I haven't even bought it yet, it just has nice specs for what it is :unsure:

Are there ibanez guitars with necks for grown men, with non-crappy, non-dimarzio pickups? I'm just curious where in the fuck you're going to spec out a guitar like this for a similar price.

I haven't even bought it yet, it just has nice specs for what it is :unsure:

Are there ibanez guitars with necks for grown men, with non-crappy, non-dimarzio pickups? I'm just curious where in the fuck you're going to spec out a guitar like this for a similar price.
Ibanez PS 120 and higher have Seymour Duncan, and thicker c-shape neck...but it's a different type of guitar, no wizard neck / superstrat.

I agree looking at the Solar specs, it would be tough to find at that price; Kiesel could build one but it would cost a lot more

You mean the flat top blue burst ESP or one of his Gibs?
It’s a Gibson, they made I think 275 of them. They were a Les Paul Standard Limited Edition run in manhattan midnight with a flame top, ebony board and white binding. I wanted one of those things so bad and couldn’t afford at the time in my early 20’s.

Ibanez PS 120 and higher have Seymour Duncan, and thicker c-shape neck...but it's a different type of guitar, no wizard neck / superstrat.

I agree looking at the Solar specs, it would be tough to find at that price; Kiesel could build one but it would cost a lot more
The AZ models from Ibanez are pretty cool and good sounding when I tried one few years ago. Also the neck wasn't as thin as wizards and were shaped more like a C.

Reactions: rsm
Do Solars still come with “wall paper” veneer maple tops? Most overseas guitars do. I’d seriously play a Hello Kitty graphic design guitar than that fake ass maple veneer bullshit.

LOL no. Ibanez is absolute shit unless youre talking vintage, and jackson is shit until you're talking 6k custom shop.

EBMM is legit in the price range but for what body design? Which is so close to the Solar? The S shape of the richardson?

I grew up with Ibanez and will always have a love for them, but this is my take as well.

I own one Solar and have played 2 others that were on the used shelves at GC, just off those 3 experiences, I haven’t played a single Ibanez in the last 20 years in that price range that had the same quality.

I dunno if I lucked out with mine, but I bought a 2nd due to a finish flaw that took me 5 minutes to find and the rest of the guitar was flawless. At most someone could gripe about the side dots not being PERFECTLY centered.

The fretwork alone is stellar-
IMG_4372.jpeg

And yeah, fret access? Fuckin a, you don’t even think about it. Love the neck shape, too. Just as comfortable riffing away as I am playing leads, which isn’t the case for all my guitars, I love playing leads on my JEM but it’s not my favorite for rhythms, or vice versa with the Edwards LPC.

If I weren’t saving for a JP2C right now I would have bought this already, a one-off sample version of the 7 w/a Sustainer.
IMG_0096.jpeg

I love ‘em enough that I’m grabbing a couple more for live guitars. In the studio I don’t mind using whatever to get the job done, but I want the consistency of playing multiple guitars that all feel/sound the same.

Oh yeah, if anyone has luminlay side dots and wants to know how to charge em more efficiently, grab a cheap blue laser pointer off Amazon.

IMG_6213.jpeg

Just don’t stare at the blue dot on a surface, those fuckers will burn your retinas just staring at the dot. I hold mine directly against the side of the neck so the light can’t spill out, when you hit the side dots it’ll light up enough you know you’re covering it. Takes about 3 seconds to fully charge the dots, they last about 5 minutes before they need to get hit again.

IDGAF about the inlay because I never see it, if anything the face of the guitar points more towards the floor because I keep my guitars at early 90’s Hetfield height, all I see are the side dots.

Oh yeah, if anyone has luminlay side dots and wants to know how to charge em more efficiently, grab a cheap blue laser pointer off Amazon.

View attachment 310698

Just don’t stare at the blue dot on a surface, those fuckers will burn your retinas just staring at the dot. I hold mine directly against the side of the neck so the light can’t spill out, when you hit the side dots it’ll light up enough you know you’re covering it. Takes about 3 seconds to fully charge the dots, they last about 5 minutes before they need to get hit again.

IDGAF about the inlay because I never see it, if anything the face of the guitar points more towards the floor because I keep my guitars at early 90’s Hetfield height, all I see are the side dots.
I have always wondered if those quit charging over time. Kind of like rechargeable batteries after while, they quit charging, or wont hold a charge.

Ibanez is absolute shit unless youre talking vintage, and jackson is shit until you're talking 6k custom shop.

I haven't touched an Ibanez with a long stick in ages, but what's wrong with them nowadays? I thought they were still solid.

Back