What overdrive for leads?

Koko boost is intersting but the video on their page sounds like an 80's metal brown tone. It displayed zero qualities I am looking for.

moltenmetalburn":2dx6qjab said:
Koko boost is intersting but the video on their page sounds like an 80's metal brown tone. It displayed zero qualities I am looking for.

Don't rely on that. It's a great mid-boost which works well for leads... like running a inverted "v" eq pedal in front but with more punch. It does the liquid lead sound and then some.

Klon KTR and the Majicbox filthy lucre is a nice option as well. The archer is a nice pedal if you decide against the Klon KTR.

Wizard of Ozz":1yz4dgus said:
moltenmetalburn":1yz4dgus said:

Don't rely on that. It's a great mid-boost which works well for leads... like running a inverted "v" eq pedal in front but with more punch. It does the liquid lead sound and then some.

Yep!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Agree on the Koko reloaded. It is a great pedal, but not sure if it will give you what you want. I do use a Suhr Iso Boost in the loop for a little bump in volume and boost, but I don't think that's quite what you're looking for. One knob pedal though, I love it =D.

Koko boost doesn't really put a sound on anything unless your gear/guitar is already tilted towards the brown sound....the mid boost, is just a mid boost and a damn good one at that that's tweakable.

Purpleibby":2x4rwbdv said:
Koko boost doesn't really put a sound on anything unless your gear/guitar is already tilted towards the brown sound....the mid boost, is just a mid boost and a damn good one at that that's tweakable.

... and thru the PT100 2nd/3rd channels... the sound is glorious.

but I digress...

the Xotic BB Preamp is another goodie to possibly add to the list. More tweakable than many others as well.

moltenmetalburn":vnvzgv8h said:
I saw the mid boost exotic bb version yesterday, choose over koko?

I used to have both side by side and favored the Koko just a bit. Both are really killer. The BB has a lot more gain on tap... but at around 9:00 it should do exactly what you want. I'd say it really depends on the amp and your amp settings.

Funny enough after making a decision on trying a few of these I get an email from kickstarter, the VFE dragon overdrive project I backed four months ago is done. Should have it in a week or so.

Ill try the one I already own first lmao. It will be hilarious If I love it.

I really like the Timmy pedal. It just seems to make the tone "MORE" and not colored.
Gets it 'hyper' as I call it. Quiet pedal too.

Mailman1971":2gy0nxrj said:
I really like the Timmy pedal. It just seems to make the tone "MORE" and not colored.
Gets it 'hyper' as I call it. Quiet pedal too.
True...both the TIM and TIMMY pedals are very cool. For me, I get more liquid lead out of the others I mentioned. It is all set up and what/how you go about it. :thumbsup:

Back