What pedal do you own 2 of?

Kapo_Polenton

Whether you are afraid the party ends and they go out of production or vintage that cannot be replaced? I'm thinking of grabbing another Korean Marshall guvnor pedal. Into an 800 seasoned to taste, this thing is incredible! Recently dug it out of my pedal bin and it's beating everything off my board except the TS-808 I put back on there for a bit of flavour. As these aren't made anymore, I am thinking of grabbing another while prices aren't too stupid. What is on your double up list?

After buying and selling probably 5 or 6 SD-1's over the past 10 years, I have finally sold just about all of my OD pedals and am now sitting on two SD-1's. Normal current version in yellow and one of the reverse color scheme anny additions. Can't think of any other pedals that I used to have two of other than having both the original Koko and Re-Loaded. The original is not going anywhere but the Re-Loaded is long gone.

Nothing. The only pedal I've ever had two of (not at the same time) is a Carbon Copy, but I got the first one free.

I bet I have at least nine NS-2 and another nine ISP decimators variations.
At least 3 or 4 versions of the MXR 10 band eq.
I wanted each amp setup in my room to have it's own gates so I didn't have to move anything around.
Bloodrock and Juggernaut can attests to the shelf I had that was just gates in my old jam room.
At one point in my life it was just easier to order another one instead of looking for one in the myriad of boxes.
And that, kiddies....is how gear hoarding gets out of control. When you have more money than time or effort.

Edit. I probably only have one tuner...and I'm not sure where it is.

I have 2 Fortin modded tube screamers. On Marshall style amps it imparts a very specific sound. Love it or hate it type of thing. When I run it in front of any M style amp it sounds identical to my Fortin Cali.
Do they cut low end and does all that extra signal help fill out the low end? Into a stock 800 for example?

I did have 2 BE-OD's until very recently.

One is a clone I built, the Friedman one I sold on Reverb a couple weeks ago.

After A/Bing them, the clone has an extra control and sounded as good as the branded one.

SD-1s

I have an old ass Japanese one and a newer Taiwanese one, but still old enough that it's not surface mount components.

Do they cut low end and does all that extra signal help fill out the low end? Into a stock 800 for example?
It definitely tightens it up across the board. I basically just run it as a boost but the voicing is still very apparent. On a stock 2203 (my favorite amp of all time) it definitely tightens the ass on the bass frequencies and thins the whole spectrum to have a bit of note clarity with a mid-range push on the amp. It sounds significantly more aggressive but not as full. It feels much more precise, tighter, and more aggressive, but at the cost of a some low end and fullness. It seems to take the "round" out of a lot of amps and make them sharper. It also is a beast in front of a SLO-100. It makes the crunch channel just pissed as hell. It also seems to like Marshall style circuits a lot better than Mesa.

To piggy back on @Racerxrated 's comment, I have the 808 versions as well. I have not tried the TS9 modded version. If I had a chance to get a third one for a reasonable price I would.

Lol I pretty much have two of everything because of my ocd. Amps, guitars and pedals. Except cabs...I'm down to one 4x12 and one 2x12.

The only piece of gear I've ever bought twice was the Pigtronix Echolution 2 - only because some piece of shit stole my original one :mad:

Edit: I also owned two SD-1's at the same time, but one of them was Keeley modded. Still have the Keeley :love:

I've got a pair of Fulltone OCD pedals. A version 1.3 and a 1.7... I can't decide which I like better so I still have them both.

Back