What speakers do you never regret selling?

Fryette Deliverance 412 with those Eminence P50E speakers. Never got rid of a cab so fast until this one.

Oddly, mixing 2002 70/80's in a twin-reverb style cab with a 2010's 70/80 in Blackstar HT Club 40 cab is more palatable then either of the ones by themselves. More of a full-bodied paper plate sound.

Horrible as though 70/80's might be, I'd have them over ANY Eminence I've tried.

But at that point, I'd rather just play guitar through headphones and an IR, LOL.

Greenbacks have been the speaker for me for 15 or so years now. I like V30's recorded, but they wear on me in the room quickly.

Have tried many Celestion, Eminence, WGS, and the Peavey Blue Marvel's, but the Greenies are my jam. And the EVH labeled speakers they put into the EVH cabs. Love those too.

Didnt like the Eminence governors i took it out recently and gotten a quad of M75 and H75 scumbacks instead....

Like the P50es but its time for me to have a look around in swapping speakers... like the M75 so far as it had a kinda top end "clanky" tone i hear which is something new... am pretty happy with the M75 but could somebody tells me the H75 will be better for metal lol?

I don’t think there are differences beyond natural tolerances. The only real difference between UK and Chicom speakers are that UK has solder tabs and the Chinese have clip tabs.

Have you compared them to actual greenbacks from the same era? That’s what I’m doing. There’s something missing in the low mids in the G12C that makes a greenback a greenback. However, I’ve not compared them to modern production greenbacks.
Funny, because they (Celeston and Marshall) modeled them from vintage Greenbacks that were considered the best ever made??

Obviously they don't have a clue what their speakers sound like.
I’m a Marshall fan but I also know they’ve released some iffy products. Examples are the Origin series and the G12C speakers, et al.

It’s not that I think they don’t know what they’re doing, just that these speakers are a failure. They missed the mark.

I’m a Marshall fan but I also know they’ve released some iffy products. Examples are the Origin series and the G12C speakers, et al.

It’s not that I think they don’t know what they’re doing, just that these speakers are a failure. They missed the mark.
Well, we all have differing taste and hearing.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Funny, because they (Celeston and Marshall) modeled them from vintage Greenbacks that were considered the best ever made??
Supposedly Sheffield 1200's are supposed to be clones of EVH's greenbacks, and we all know how that turned out. Wonder why celestion couldn't/didn't nail it though.

Back