What type of lighting do you use for studio 'ambience'

For my studio: Green light bulbs, Orange light bulbs, and Red Light bulbs....no Blue...Blue=depression.
Then some multicolored rope lights along the top of both side walls.
And Dimmer-switch lighting for regular white light, so you can slowly bring it up.

i went purple some when im baking out its like purple haze

Kb4LXl5.jpg

OkhHpZ6.jpg

I actually like it bright and clear. I use 4000k white led lights to brighten up everything. But I do have a large RGB curtain lights along one wall that change colors, kind of like this:

https://www.amazon.com/KPROE-Fairy-Curtain-Lights-Christmas/dp/B088D3HS9X/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2SWR0832PA34J&keywords=led+string+curtain+lights&qid=1681148979&sprefix=led+string+curtain+lights,aps,87&sr=8-17&th=1
I like the led can lights that let you select the brightness/warmth of the light. I like a color temperature that is warmer than 4000k but cleaner/brighter than an incandescent.

I think if it was too dark and moody in my studio space I’d feel sleepy and unproductive.

I’ve got these square LED lights all over my apartment, you can’t see shit in there. :ROFLMAO:

5E8B34E1-0C35-47A5-9C0F-D958BCDDE98C.jpeg

They’re usually around $45 for a 4-pack on Amazon.

I'm also interested in this.. my unfinished basement has shit lighting and I am looking at running some more lights but I also want ambience. Right now I have a lamp which helped a lot but my issue is that I have a hybrid setup with outboard hardware and a small console and I can't see anything as is so lights out won't work for me. Can't see the knobbies. I thought of some string lights hanging across the walls ( like the patio light type) to add some ambience.

24$, I just ordered a strand of these. I know it is more hipster lighting but they are dimmable and I need to be able to wiggle knobs back and forth and pretend I know what I am doing with my outboard while sliding faders up and down for show when people hang out with me. "But doesn't that plugin do the same thing?? " " Well yeah...BUT this one is ANALOG. Hear the difference??"

basement lights.jpg

But I have to ask why “The Beanery?”

The beanery was this old army barracks that was off on the side of a public par 3 golf course which bordered with my back yard, they used to do shows there and it was kind of the hip spot in the area. john mayer is from here and used to play with his band villanova junction, hatebreed was from the town over and used to play there with tons of other bands who would later go on to be huge, it was really great to grow up with it literally in my back yard. when they were knocking it over i went and stole the sign

Back