What was your first rig? and first real rig?

First Real Amp-Peavey Stereo Chorus 212
First Real Guitar-'97 Ibanez RG570
1st Real Rig that i used for years on the road-Mesa Triaxis with a 50/50, Great Rig and i wish i still had it, damn thieves.

First Rig:
Hondo Les Paul II
Peavey Classic 2x12
Ibanez Tube Screamer

First Real Rig:

1977 Fender Strat with a Kahler
Digitech GSP21
Crate SPA 200

Yea I know the first "real" rig was not Marshall or another tube setup. The rack setups was THE thing back when I first had enough money to invest in something.

Great thread!

First rig:
Ibanez RT450
Roland Jazz Chorus
DOD death metal 😂

First real rig:
ESP LTD EC1000
Marshall TSL60 half stack
SD1, wah, delay, fuzz

Awesome reading everyone's answers. Great post.
My first rig was a BC Rich Warlock NJ into a Crate gx40c that had the world's worst celestions.
By time I had my first gig it was a Gibson Les Paul studio into a slime green Krank Chadwick combo that was mounted upside down. World of difference between the two.

First rig was an Aria Pro Ii "The Cat" in 85' with some tiny, shitty amp 😂

First rig for gigs was a Marshall Valvestate amp with a Mardhall 4x12 and Gibson SG with an Iommi pickup in the bridge.

First rig was a new '65 Fender Mustang and '65 Princeton Reverb, wish I still had them.
Next came a Fender Coronado and '67 Pro Reverb, wish I still had the amp and the used 335 that the store talked me out of.
Next came a '70 Gold Top that I still have, and a blonde Bassman with 2x12 Altecs. It bit the dust in a storm in the Surf Ballroom (Buddy Holly's last venue). I was too young to know to have the Bassman fixed, instead trading it for an Ampeg V2 w/V4 4x12 cab. I wish I still had the blonde Bassman.
Is there a moral here?

Ampeg SVT 3 Pro and a borrowed vintage SVT 8x10. I play the same rig now, only I own the vintage 8x10s. My SVT II Pro is in the shop.

First rig was an budget Ibanez HSS into a 15w Marshall. First real rig was a Custom Shop King V into a Mesa Triple Rectifier w/ Mesa OS 412.

What I have currently is a real REAL rig in my eyes

Squire double fat strat in candy apple red. Wish I would’ve kept it. Fender fronts man 15R… very important, the R model had something called REVERB…. And THEN…. A few months later I went to Sam ash to demo guitar pedals ( I was in 7th grade, this was about 1999 or so). I was
Super in to punk at the time so I thought I was gonna be into a few different pedals than I actually bought… came home with….( drum roll please)…. A DOD death metal distortion pedal. Man, I thought I was sick shit. What a rig.

I got really into guitar tone after that and quickly realized my rig was not going to cut it. Someone showed me some band called in flames and I had absolutely never heard a sound like that in my life, and I needed to get it…
About a year later I saved all my money and bought a peavey 5150 used from a guitar shop in Orlando that was called the guitar den, super cool place that’s no longer there. Paid an extra 200 dollars for some bullshit 4x12 made by acme I think? Who knows what it was.

Those were the days. I used to ROLL that head And cab down the road to a buddy’s house so we could jam, he was just learning to play drums. I also was known to take it out into the middle of the street in my neighborhood, put the volume on 4 or so and play the national anthem… good times.

Back