What would you pay for this 5150 sig?

Spaceboy

There's no tolex, the shell is dinged up, there faceplate and wood behind the grill have been removed, the tubes have life but let's assume they are basically needing replaced, no functional issues at all, sounds as a 5150 should. It's a complete beater amp but these can usually take a good amount of abuse.

How much would you pay if you were in the market for a 5150 and could name your own price, but be fair to the owner?

t8jI0Anh.jpg

Those already are super work horse amps, now you don't have to worry about the tolex tearing haha

But ya, 250 is a good price for that

I'd offer $200 and work up from there. What is he asking? If you're going to put a few hundred into it getting it retolxed and serviced then find a better one that doesn't need any of that.

275-300 sounds about right if it sounds good and is just worn tolex without headshell damage. Also if the chassis isn't dented or scratched real bad anywhere. I see mint ones sometimes for 450 or 499 so I would pay a lot less than that for this one.

Crunchtime":1a8vpomb said:
Let me know where to get all these sub $300 6505's.

The last three 5150/6505 amps I got over the years were under $300, including TWO 6505+. Craigslist FTW . . .

I would give $400 for it. Great amps.
But several months ago got a Bugera 6260 for $250 shipped. And it sounds like my old 5150's.
Or the new 5150's since they are made in China as well. ;)

Thanks guys, 300 was about what I was thinking, at very most. It's a good friend of mine who's mostly a bassist and told me to name my price. I usually wouldn't look twice in this condition but since I always float back to 5150s, having a beater around for a low price would dissuade me from selling/rebuying again. This will be the ninth time I've owned a 5150 incarnation, LOL. I'll retube it and always have a good backup in hand, at he very least.

Back