What's the best boost for...?

Believe it or not. The Boss DS-1 was the only pedal that I liked with that amp. I am not a fan of that pedal and I’m glad I got rid of the amp. I could never get along with it. I have a dozen or more OD’s and none of them got that amp where I wanted it.

I already have an Ibanez TS808 and an MXR Classic Overdrive. They're great, but I want something that cuts less lows and imparts less character. I've owned an OD808 before, and while it is a tad more transparent than my current OD's, it's definitely not miles apart.

I kinda want that same blue channel character, just a touch more saturated.

Zinky Master Blaster. Good enough for Keef, good enough for me and my dad too.

Try an OD1X. Keeps your low end intact, with it on noon. You can even bump it up a bit to add some lows. Quietest pedal I’ve ever tried and it’s not even close. It does bump your upper mids some, but nowhere near a TS type hump. Buy it with a return policy and send it back if you want. It’s the one pedal that’s stayed the longest, along with an 86 SD1...I’ve owned or tried many of what’s been mentioned in this thread.

Sounds like you’re looking for an OD that doesn’t compress. The Fulltone OCD doesn’t compress much at all.

I would recommend a Fulltone fat boost ver 3. It adds something special . It tightens up the bottom end and a nice top end, It is
a pedal I would highly recommend.

I'd recommend two pedals:
- Mesa Grid Slammer: It's a mix between Tube Screamer and Timmy. Compared to a regular Tube Screamer it cuts the low end much less, sounds more transparent, less compressed and has a higher output.
- Boss SD-1w Waza Craft: Standard SD-1mode sounds slightly more aggressive than a Tube Screamer due to its asymmetrical clipping. But in Custom mode (which only the Waza Craft version has) it cuts the low end much less, sounds more transparent and has a higher output.

Timmy's are a great go to for just about everything. I have three of them and damn it's hard to beat for an all around kind of thing.

The Xotic BB Pre is something that I have been using more and more. It can stay more neutral or pronounced and is overall a pretty friendly pedal with everything that I have used it with.

Lots of interesting recommendations. Thanks!

How about some sort of TC Integrated Pre? Obviously one that has EQ controls, not the Grind that has the lows set to 0. Something that can boost without cutting as much low-end.

Back