What's up with Metallica?

I wouldn't say they all don't care. James and Rob seem to be putting a lot of heart into it and working hard, as they always have. Lars and Kirk on the other hand.....

My biggest problem with Metallica is Lars' sloshy high hat sound. He grooves every single beat, whether it's appropriate or not. It's lazy.

The whole band sounds awesome here. "Harvester of Sorrow" October 29th, 2016.

For me, it's the general 'sound' they have now - the rhythm guitar tones suck for the old stuff (maybe just plain sucks), the drum sounds are boomy, Hetfield's voice isn't what it was and so on. Then the performances don't seem to have that energy or passion, and that's not just an age thing. It's like they're their own cover band and their heart isn't really into what they're doing now.

Then again, we didn't have videos on youtube of every show from the Puppets tour, and I'm sure if there were, we'd pick them apart too LOL

Welcome to YouTube and depending on the recording quality. I'm sure live they sound great, like they have every time I have seen them.

messenger":3ldf3zdj said:
ProgFree":3ldf3zdj said:
They don't care anymore? This vid made me sad in a way :no:

:confused: what am I missing???

@3:00 mark Kirk has a case of early dementia or something... and @5:37 I start squirming a bit... =/ Kind of sad really, I agree with ProgFree

-seems Metallica has taken the torch from Van Halen in posts/thread counts, in a very,very small niche fan bitching, definitely 1% of 1% of there audience.

Kelly":1rw5sfaq said:
I'm not sure who really played drums on AJFA, but they should've kept him in the band...

I read an interview with Flemming and he commented how Lars nailed the middle of One in like one take (can't recall EXACTLY what he said)

errrrrl":2llqyt8y said:
messenger":2llqyt8y said:
ProgFree":2llqyt8y said:
They don't care anymore? This vid made me sad in a way :no:

:confused: what am I missing???

@3:00 mark Kirk has a case of early dementia or something... and @5:37 I start squirming a bit... =/ Kind of sad really, I agree with ProgFree

Ah ok. I watched for a bit the skipped some ;) so I missed those. Ya Kirk had a brain fart for sure lol

This is how I prefer to remember them:

They lost they edge and direction after the black album and haven't been able to find it since. They are a hard rock band now. Kirk needs to take off the wife beater.

neilli":6xff7vay said:
For me, it's the general 'sound' they have now - the rhythm guitar tones suck for the old stuff (maybe just plain sucks), the drum sounds are boomy, Hetfield's voice isn't what it was and so on. Then the performances don't seem to have that energy or passion, and that's not just an age thing. It's like they're their own cover band and their heart isn't really into what they're doing now.

Then again, we didn't have videos on youtube of every show from the Puppets tour, and I'm sure if there were, we'd pick them apart too LOL

It flat out sucks. Too dark, distant, and compressed. Like Het is playing a micced speaker cab in a big long closet with the the door only cracked open for the sound to barely get out. It's bad. Dull and flat.

Wizard of Ozz":6gzks8ce said:
This is how I prefer to remember them:

They lost they edge and direction after the black album and haven't been able to find it since. They are a hard rock band now. Kirk needs to take off the wife beater.

Fuuuuuuck, this is when i was so into them damnit, listen to James`s voice man, sounds like a lion trapped in a cage that WILL come out any minute.

Oh please god help meeeeeeeeeeeaaaa.

Man, this is why we still love these guys, no matter what.

:rock:

The only Metallica song I ever liked was Seek and Destroy. Other than that they are nails on a chalkboard to my musical sense. Sorry just sayin'.

Starman22":1eymcg8g said:
The only Metallica song I ever liked was Seek and Destroy. Other than that they are nails on a chalkboard to my musical sense. Sorry just sayin'.

Don't be sorry!
I love Metallica and can only imagine what you listen to...but that's ok. Different strokes.

Just James and Rob care a bit as said above. And as also said they sound like the loosing act of a high school talent show indeed. My statement of being sad with that is because they lost the flame. Some months ago I saw Black Sabbath for the last time. The BIG real metal artists are going. We will be left with the over-quantized-copy-pasted-over-down-tuned-autotuned-monotonic-guitar-riff bands of today. Sad world :thumbsdown:

I don't know I hear some clipping
Is this there digital rigs
Hard wired sounded great to me
The guitar tones here sound synthetic
Say what you will but I think there is still a big difference between
Warm tube clipping of a cranked amp vs
A digital sim
Kirk seems like he is in the wrong key

Back