Where can you purchase a Large Shipping Box for an amp?

grrr_me_scary

Where can a person purchase a large shipping box for an amp?

I need to find one for a Mesa Boogie Road King that I want to send out to get a mod done on the amp.

Dimensions are 27 3/4" W x 10 1/2" H x 11 1/8" D so the box should probably be around 30W x 14H x 15D to allow some room for packing materials.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!!

Try a "U-Haul Store".
Most cities will have a main hub that their trucks go to for service, and sometimes they have a store with moving / shipping materials (ie. different sized boxes. moving blankets, tape, etc). Check them out online, for the size that you need.

Unline is the best but it’s impossible to get 1 of anything. If you have some space and know you’ll ship a few amps, buying a bundle might be worth it. The shipping is also usually beastly, so I try to order like once a year to amortize that cost.

You can find lots of other places to sell you boxes, but getting the heavy duty ones rated for an amp is the trick. I’ve worked around lighter weight boxes by either double boxing or cutting additional cardboard panels to sit inside the box, but it’s a hassle.

It looks hokey when done, but it's always worked for me. I go buy a few of those dish packing boxes at Home Depot and slide one into the other. That let's you adjust length and then there still tons of room for padding/packing material.

I run an Industrial Distribution Warehouse as my day job ................. if you want to pay the shipping out to you ..... I have a few oddball double wall boxes that might help you .... I'd have to measure them up for you

Uhaul makes the most durable boxes for the lowest cost to get one at a time. The wardrobe boxes as an outer box with something smaller to fit directly around the amp and padding between does a great job.

The way shipping companies have been gorilla handling packages, maybe look into building a wooden crate.
We get some electric motors here at work that have wooden frames built into a double wall box ..... I've dropped a couple on the warehouse floor from shoulder height ...... they survive quite well . and they weigh about 65 lbs .

I've got this .... Double Wall .... L 32 x W 18.5 x H 17.5

and I could even pack it with bubble for you to .......all you got to do is pay shipping out to you ..... I've got boxes and bubble wrap coming out of my ass over here .

1707756001624.jpeg

Where can a person purchase a large shipping box for an amp?

I need to find one for a Mesa Boogie Road King that I want to send out to get a mod done on the amp.

Dimensions are 27 3/4" W x 10 1/2" H x 11 1/8" D so the box should probably be around 30W x 14H x 15D to allow some room for packing materials.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!!
One other option, if it is local to you is the recycling station, where they separate cardboard/aluminum/etc. I used to go there when I needed a box to ship a cab, I'd find appliance boxes and use them. Big pile of cardboard on one side of the building. They are no longer there, so I try to keep a few boxes in my garage in case I need to ship. Or, a big box store like a Best Buy may also have some in the back of the building.

Back